• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nano Breaker screens

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
919559_20040820_screen001.jpg

919559_20040820_screen002.jpg

919559_20040820_screen003.jpg

919559_20040820_screen004.jpg

919559_20040820_screen005.jpg

919559_20040820_screen006.jpg

919559_20040820_screen007.jpg

919559_20040820_screen008.jpg

919559_20040820_screen009.jpg

919559_20040820_screen010.jpg

919559_20040820_screen011.jpg

919559_20040820_screen012.jpg

919559_20040820_screen013.jpg

Patrick Klepek

furiously molesting tim burton
it looks cool, but nanobreaker is a complete bore to play. it's a faster, blodier castlevania with all of the style and fun removed.

Yeah, I don't like the style...I don't like the character...Don't like the setting...Don't like anything I've seen. Iga, what happened?

Looks completely retarded. Especially that creature (probably a boss) that resembles a pair of upside down lungs with teeth with cheap looking blood spurts.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
eXxy said:
it looks cool, but nanobreaker is a complete bore to play. it's a faster, blodier castlevania with all of the style and fun removed.
That's exactly what I felt when I watched media on this game. I'm a little more optimistic because I haven't touched it but it sounds like your description will be pretty accurate.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Fuck. Learn Iga. Learn, learn, learn. And perhaps the third time's the charm for you, and we'll actually get a halfway decent console CV game.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
How many giant sword wielding heroes in games do we have now anyway? (And yes I realize that the "light" makes it look bigger :p)

lordmrw

The blood looks really excessive and out of place. These screens look cleaner than ones I've seen in the past, but for some reason I just can't seem to give a damn. ANd I actually liked Lament of Innocence.

Lament missed big time on the natural appeal of exploring a Castle. Sure, it had the Castlevania art style and the action was satisfying, but the Castle was not.
Most of the rooms seemed meaningless especially compared to the room designs of Resident Evil, the interactive architecture of ICO, the interesting room designs, action, and scale of Prime. With a game like Ninja Gaiden, a first time action/adventure outing for Itagaki, doing so much better at bring all this together than IGA's first time in 3d, I'm a little worried.
Still I will give Nanobreaker a shot.

Edit: I actually think the screens look damn fine. Seems like there will be more going on with this one.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Sorry but that looks god awful, especially that score counter and the horrendous blood textures on the ground.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Iga, forget this crap and start a new Castlevania. Stop trying to learn how to make 3D, just make a 2D Castlevania game and get someone to teach you 3D for next generation. Thank you.

He keeps on saying that he wants to learn how to make great 3D action games. No offense to the man, but Lament of Innocence and Nanobraker are ages behind stuff like Ninja Gaiden and Devil May Cry. I really don't think that anything he learns making Nanobreaker is going to help that much with the next Castlevania...

Tellaerin

Looks decent to me so far. I enjoy slash-'em-ups in general, and I like the cyborg lead character and SF premise (though I'm not too keen on a couple of the enemy designs in those screens). I think I'll end up giving this a shot.

And a note to MoxManiac: Shoulder length hair on a guy does not automatically make him a 'she-male'. That guy's face and body proportions are distinctly masculine. I can see somebody making remarks like that about characters like Vaan from FF XII who look effeminate, but it's getting to the point where any guy in a Japanese game who doesn't run around with a buzzcut is getting labelled a 'she-male', and it's becoming kind of silly. :p

Top Bottom