• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

naruto DS (how come we didn't see it yet?)

olimario

Banned
This is all I've seen
narutods.jpg

neptunes

Sega showed Project Rub in motion

i-would-die-for-you-20040914112154759.jpg

IGN said:
Sega also had a video for I Would Die For You, which was the danged oddest video presentation we experienced at TGS. The game's video was presented on a gigantic screen that was actually touch-capable - a fact that most people watching the clip never did realize. However, while the screen was touchable, it wasn't all that interactive. Really, all you had here was a DVD or laserdisc attached to a touch screen running images of the game -- when you touch the screen, it played the next sequence of video (and even this was off-balance, since the touch screen and video player were slow to respond.) The rolling video demo didn't show off anything in particular of the game -- the bits of gameplay shown were all still screenshots, and all screens we've seen before on the game's official site. We were hoping for more of this quirky title -- we're not even sure how the animation system works, or what's a 3D element and what's just a 2D bitmap (is your shadowy love a 3D or a 2D character?) However, the one thing that was cool about the TGS clip was that it was intercut with footage of folks playing the game -- a fellow who looked to be from the design team and a female player as well -- and the smiles that the game seemed to be bringing to their faces as they joked about the concept and the gameplay was certainly a positive.

Top Bottom