• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Nausicaa.net] Howl's Moving Castle (new Miyazaki film) poster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

It's scanned from a newspaper so the quality leaves something to be desired.. but here's the first poster (I'd imagine of many):

poster_houchi.jpg

Here's another version that was captured from TV although it only show's a portion of it:

poster_tv.jpg

KingGondo

Banned
The earlier scans were of higher quality, but anything new is welcome! Ever since seeing Mononoke, I've been a Miyazaki WHORE. Can't fucking wait.

Chrono

Banned
Premise: An eighteen-year-old girl, Sophie, who helps out at her late father's hat shop in the boring town of Market Chipping, is transformed one day by the evil Witch of the Waste into an old woman. Determined to get turned back to her normal self, Sophie seeks out the help of the Wizard Howl, who has an amazing moving castle (which looks a bit like a giant robot), which is fueled by a fire demon named Calcifer.

link

sounds good. Can't wait. :)

I love the look of the little dog.

For those who have read/seen the book this is based on, do these designs look similar to anything related to it? Looks slightly different from typical Miyazaki designs.

Fusebox

Banned
I hope she isn't the main character, she reminds me of a really young Yu-Baaba and she gives me the willies!

yubaaba.jpg

KingGondo

Banned
distantmantra said:
I love the look of the little dog.

For those who have read/seen the book this is based on, do these designs look similar to anything related to it? Looks slightly different from typical Miyazaki designs.

I'm not sure what the book's like, but this seems to be classic Miyazaki animation. Lush countrysides, darkly detailed industrial designs clashing with it--screams Mononoke to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom