• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA LIVE 14 Cover featuring Kyrie Irving revealed

salromano

REDWOOD CITY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Today Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: EA) announced that Kyrie Irving will be the official cover athlete of NBA LIVE 14 when the game launches this fall on the Xbox One® console, and the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system. The first overall pick in the 2011 NBA Draft, Irving was named the 2011-12 NBA Rookie of the Year and was a unanimous choice to the 2012 NBA All-Rookie First Team. He was also named an NBA All-Star in 2013 and is the reigning Foot Locker Three-Point Shootout champion.

"I'm so proud to be the face of this franchise as it makes its much-anticipated return," Irving said. "I've been on the court with the development team and I've seen first-hand some of the amazing things EA SPORTS is doing with NBA LIVE 14. The fans are going to love it."

"We couldn't imagine a better cover athlete for our game than the dynamic, explosive Kyrie Irving," added Daryl Holt, VP and GM of Basketball for EA SPORTS. "Kyrie is one of the best ball handlers in the league, and with our next-generation technology we can arm players with the ability to replicate his impressive on-court feats, as well as the amazing signature styles and abilities of other pros in NBA LIVE 14."

NBA LIVE 14 gives fans the chance to control the court with revolutionary new bounceTek ball physics, providing a level of control and precision never before seen in a basketball video game. Additionally, with the power of EA SPORTS IGNITE, NBA LIVE 14 will deliver True Player Motion, Human Intelligence and Living Worlds to the hardwood. More details on NBA LIVE 14, including information on game modes, features and more, will be coming soon.

NBA LIVE 14 is developed in Orlando, Florida by EA Tiburon and is available for pre-order on the Xbox One and the PlayStation 4 at all major retailers. To learn more about NBA LIVE 14, visit http://www.easports.com/nba-live, and be sure to follow the NBA LIVE 14 Facebook and Twitter pages for breaking news and information.

Bread

Banned
he shouldn't have stayed up drinking the night before the photo shoot. he looks terrible. so does the cover.

charsace

Why didn't they just put a smiling Kyrie on the cover? I'll wait until this thing is in stores. The last 2 EA bb games didn't make it out.

Is there any way this game isn't a total piece of shit?
i really hope it's not, because I'd just like to see some variety from the 2K series, which is honestly a bit tired for me. But I'm not really too optimistic given how quiet the promotion has been and how little we've seen.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I'll give them credit for already realizing this gen was a lost cause. They're at least a step ahead of Konami. Also like how they're not trying to oversell the game because really who the hell is going to give a shit.

If there was a game that ever needed a good demo this one would be it. It's a shame they aren't taking a page out of the 2K playbook and going in at a much lower price just to get people to give them a shot.

1emons

Neo Member
They should have put him in a suit since that's how he spends half the season.

589434_o.gif

I watch a lot of basketball but I have only have seen Kyrie play once as Cavs games don't play many national televised games. There are probably 50 active players who are a bigger household names than Kyrie. Sure he may breakout as a superstar as he is young but this just says this game is low rent to me because they didn't even want to spend the money on a bigger name. Why not dig up a retired star? 1980's Kurt Rambis on the cover would be awesome.

As a Cavs fan, its nice to see him on the cover.

Agreed

Stealth Uncle Drew edition?

I'd buy that.

How cool would that be as an unlockable
it's probably DLC, let's not kid ourselves

I watch a lot of basketball but I have only have seen Kyrie play once as Cavs games don't play many national televised games. There are probably 50 active players who are a bigger household names than Kyrie. Sure he may breakout as a superstar as he is young but this just says this game is low rent to me because they didn't even want to spend the money on a bigger name. Why not dig up a retired star? 1980's Kurt Rambis on the cover would be awesome.

I was totally with you until the last sentence lol

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DnKOc6FISU

Everybody knows Uncle Drew.

Kurt Rambis was definitely not a star. He's well known for playing on the 80's Lakers.

santeesioux

I will actually rent this on the ps4. Since there's no current gen version, i'm hoping it won't be a lackluster port like most launch sports games are on new consoles.

Messi

this was the fifa preorder cover:
portada-ps4-fifa-14-messi.jpg

this is the final cover:
fifa14-le-covers.jpg

I would bet that this awful kyrie cover is not final.

dezzy8

I will actually rent this on the ps4. Since there's no current gen version, i'm hoping it won't be a lackluster port like most launch sports games are on new consoles.

It probably wouldn't because EA is only releasing Live 14 on Next gen consoles (Wii U not included).

jWILL253

Banned
I preferred the action pose covers of this gen. All the next-gen EA Sports covers are just angry, brooding faces staring at me...

Top Bottom