• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Live 2005 interview and screens

DMczaf

http://interviews.teamxbox.com/xbox/880/NBA-Live-2005-Tim-Tschirner-Interview/p1

When you miss a shot and the ball is loose in the air, you now have full control over what you want to do - rebound, dunk or tip-in the ball. In the past we decided this for the player, but now it's up to you to figure out what's best. Press the Jump button to grab the Rebound, press the Shoot button to tip it back in or press the Dunk button to attempt a put-back. You'll notice that this puts a bigger emphasis on post-battles and helps quite a bit with the Offensive Rebounding. You should be careful with the put-backs though, it's sometimes a risky play but the extra two points might make it worthwhile.

Tim Tschirner: This is the first year that we'll be bringing NBA LIVE 2005 to XBOX Live and we are definitely excited that XBOX owners will be able to enjoy the game online as well as offline. In our first year on XBOX Live, players will be able to match up against each other, download updated rosters, join tournaments and win trophies and medals to display their ranking. In addition, we've beefed up our anti-cheating code to make the experience more enjoyable for all players. There are also some nice little touches in there such as the score ticker which will provide live sports scores and results in real time.

Tim Tschirner: While the first iteration of 10-man Freestyle in NBA LIVE 2004 was a great addition to the LIVE series and made NBA LIVE the most authentic animating basketball on the market, we've further tuned it this year to eliminate foot sliding while maintaining ultimate responsiveness. There's a lot of new 10-man mo-cap data for creating new multi-player scenarios such as box-outs, V-cuts, backdoor cuts, pass-deny defense, pump-fake-and-go, successful and failed spin moves, 'go' moves and dribble bumps. There are also new scenarios for double-teams, battles in the post, screens and mid-air collisions.

We have also enhanced the post-whistle animations to reflect player emotions and added some signature shooting styles. There's a ton of them in the 3 Point Shootout and some are also present in regular games. Unfortunately we couldn't add as many as we would've like because there simply isn't enough RAM available.

1093385268.jpg
1092849885.jpg
1092849886.jpg

wtf, they allowed the clones to come to take pictures.

Fifty

Ah yes, they're using the trophies and medals for online play. That's a genius move...It really gave me extra incentive to play Madden :D

hanzo

Banned
Loved last years effort. This year will have improved hop steps, so that u can't push the defender when hop stepping. The hop step is the most powerful weapon in the game. I hope they don't make the Kings too powerful in the game like last year! :)

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Dm is not stealing my team...I swear!

Fifty

That'll be some fight for the Rockets in tournaments and such. :p I suggest playing a game with control of the Rockets the stakes. I've got the Raptors! :D

Ceros

I'm a newcomer to this whole GA community tournament thingy, but best believe I will be someone to contend with. Thanks for the info DM, but any word if they got rid of that stupid ass monster cheese 2ft jumper trick???

Top Bottom