• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need for Speed High Stakes on Windows XP!!

OMG This my favourite racing game ever!!! I just got the PC version and was wondering how to run it on Win XP! I getting some error! Thanks for the help!

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
righ_gra.jpg

Gattsu25

Banned
Doom_Bringer said:
OMG This my favourite racing game ever!!! I just got the PC version and was wondering how to run it on Win XP! I getting some error! Thanks for the help!

just guessing here!! If you have any programs that use ISOs to simulate a cd-rom drive, then disable them!!! if that still doesn't work! then try putting disc in another cd/dvd drive!!!!! if all else fail then get nocd crack!!!

note: PS2 version > PC version

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I believe WinXP has issues with some of the protection used by various (older) PC games...

You will have to obtain a no-cd patch in order to play the game, most likely.

Gattsu25

Banned
dark, I think that cause too!!!! Painkiller also have problem with that! Good thing Painkiller patch fixed that!

Also! Playing Painkiller now is much harder than before! Before I got my 9800pro, Painkiller had arcade-style slowdown...that is...slowdown that doesn't skip frames and makes tough parts easier because of slow motion!! Now I get ass hand me to all time! But it much more fun and demon mode kickass now!

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Gattsu25 said:
just guessing here!! If you have any programs that use ISOs to simulate a cd-rom drive, then disable them!!! if that still doesn't work! then try putting disc in another cd/dvd drive!!!!! if all else fail then get nocd crack!!!

note: PS2 version > PC version

Of course we all know that a PS2 version doesn't exist!

Yes there is no PS2 version! The game was released on PSX and is compatible with PS2! But the PC version looks better! I wanna play it on PC! :(

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
BeOnEdge said:
isnt there an option in xp for loading win98 software?

Yes, but it is hit or miss. The problem isn't even with the game itself, though, just the copy protection scheme.

I don't remember having any problems getting the game to run on Windows XP.. The problem I had was with getting it to work with Direct3D (which can be resolved with some patches/editing).. If it's just a CD error, I guess a crack is the way to go.

Top Bottom