• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neil Gaiman (Creator of Good Omens, Sandman, Coraline) accused of sexual assault

Draugoth

Gold Member
cr-GettyImages-1431510510-1.jpg
Neil Gaiman has been accused of sexual assault by two women with whom he was in consensual relationships and is the subject of a police complaint in New Zealand.

Gaiman’s position is that he strongly denies any allegations of non-consensual sex with the women and adds New Zealand police did not take up his offer of assistance over one woman’s complaint in 2022, which, he says, reflects its lack of substance.

However, New Zealand police said it made a “number of attempts to speak to key people as part of this investigation and those efforts remain ongoing”, adding that there are “a number of factors to take into consideration with this case, including location of all parties”.

Source

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
He’s a very well known writer. He wrote the Sandman graphic novel, Good Omens, and a bunch of stuff that most book enthusiasts would be aware of. Lots of his works are also TV shows. I had listened to part 1 and 2 of the Sandman audiobook.

Last edited:

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Who tf is neil gaiman
He sort of like the comic book version of Tim Burton.

Does a lot of comic books with goth type themes and characters. Probably his most popular is Sandman which was huge in the 90s especially with the goth scenes.

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
Complaint in New Zealand, eh?

Well, either they will send these guys after you and you can just laugh at them....
Uzh0ReL.png

Or they send these brutes in which case yer fooked!

OaH7EdY.jpeg

Last edited:

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
Animated GIF

He is the author of probably the greatest comic book of all time.

My Sandman Omnibus set and Coraline are among my most treasured books. I also love Stardust too.

Yeah, after reading the article it appears the whole thing is far from being black and white.

Last edited:

Doom85

These are not best comics.

I would say Watchmen is, but Dark Knight Returns? It’s great, but if we’re talking DC comics, I’d rank DC: New Frontier, All Star Superman, and Batman: The Long Halloween above it, probably some others too if I think about it.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
This is gonna devastate a lot of people. He always had a reputation as one of the good ones. My wife spent a day with him once as park of her publishing job and said spoke very highly of him.

The accusations sound credible and they sound like cases of withdrawn consent, which is messy and used to be a big issue in kink until the community got better about things like safe words and boundaries. It sounds like Neil might not be caught up.

It's probably a reachable moment and if he handles it that way his audience might forgive him. Cheating on Amanda Palmer and the eyebrow raising age games don't help though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom