• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NES Classics Volume 2: Only 4 games?

cvxfreak

Dark Dragon said:
THe hell.....Mario Bros. hasn't that been packaged with all Mario Advance releases?

A remake version. Not the original arcade/Famicom game.

Incidentally, there must be around 10 Million GBA cartridges between the 5 Mario GBA games that have the remade version on it already.

Doesn't surprise me TOO much. Only a few of the first set put up big numbers, so it would make sense to concentrate on the ones they think will do similarly. Sucks for those wanting to buy semi-obscure games, though.

Sucks.

No Adventure Island, Kid Icarus, OR even Ghosts 'n Goblins. I was at least hoping for Super Mario Bros. 2(Finally playable in America without cruddy savestates, awkward emulation, and slow-responsive Dreamcast pads)... Sigh, guess there's always imports :/

Swordian

SonicMegaDrive said:
I was at least hoping for Super Mario Bros. 2(Finally playable in America without cruddy savestates, awkward emulation, and slow-responsive Dreamcast pads)... Sigh, guess there's always imports :/

You could just get Super Mario All-Stars or Super Mario Bros. Deluxe.

jarrod

Banned
CVXFREAK said:
Incidentally, there must be around 10 Million GBA cartridges between the 5 Mario GBA games that have the remade version on it already.
Way more than that, there's 7M in the US alone. :)

I sincerely hope these four games aren't the ENTIRETY of Series 2. To be honest there aren't a whole lot of games on the remainders list that really need to be released here, but if they wanted to round out that list with Balloon Fight, Ghosts N' Goblins, Adventure Island, and maybe a special edition of Super Mario Bros. 2, that wouldn't exactly break the bank over there.

Any one of those four would outsell Bomberman, Xevious, and Excitebike. Right? Right...?

Memles

Only Dr. Mario interests me, really...

And they might end up taking some of the more obscure games and putting two to three on one cart...you'd think it would lessen sales of the high profile titles, but I bet you it won't.

Hournda

Why are you people whining and bitching about how you can only play these 4 NES games on your Gameboy? Just download an NES emulator and the ROMS and you can play every NES game on you computer for free, and you don't have to let Nintendo dictate to you what games you can play, when you can play them and how much you have to pay to play them.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
Hournda said:
Why are you people whining and bitching about how you can only play these 4 NES games on your Gameboy? Just download an NES emulator and the ROMS and you can play every NES game on you computer for free, and you don't have to let Nintendo dictate to you what games you can play, when you can play them and how much you have to pay to play them.
Yeah! And also, who pays for groceries anymore?! I just walk down the aisles, shove what I want in my pockets, and leave! Screw those big fatcat corporations telling me how much I have to pay for what food I want to eat!

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Hournda said:

You are never going to get anywhere with these people talking about emulation. They all have them on their computers, but they think it makes them look cooler to pretend they don't....

Anyway......pocketnes ownz.

Hournda

In terms of pragmatics, it's the best way to go. I'm sure no one here has ever downloaded an mp3, game or movie off the internet either.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
Hournda said:
In terms of pragmatics, it's the best way to go. I'm sure no one here has ever downloaded an mp3, game or movie off the internet either.
Disregarding the ethics of emulation, the NES rereleases usually aren't even merely about playing the games for most people; they're about taking them on the go and the collector's value. If you just want to play these games at home, you might as well go out and grab a used NES and the game in question (most of them are easy to come by). By just suggesting that people emulate, you're missing the point, as well as getting into some questionable legal territory.

Top Bottom