• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

new Asphalt GT screens (IGN)

neptunes

More screens at IGN

asphalt-urban-gt-20041108004455092.jpg
asphalt-urban-gt-20041108004450702.jpg

asphalt-urban-gt-20041108004500467.jpg
asphalt-urban-gt-20041108004453842.jpg

asphalt-urban-gt-20041108004458811.jpg
asphalt-urban-gt-20041108004456373.jpg

More screens at IGN

Deg

Banned
neptunes said:
the people need money, don't link everything :lol

anyway, it looks like there will ramps and such.

yeah its not a strightforward racer. Arcade race fans should be interested.

neptunes

I think you can only change music tracks with the touch screen, and the second screen is used for...wait for it!

...a map! :D

This game looks quite nice, for the DS anyways, and while I'm not hyped for it, I'm interested. Much more interested thanw ith RRDS. This has already been confirmed to play in 60fps, and to smooth. I don't think the same was said for RRDS, but I can't be sure.

Still not sold yet, this would be something I'd be more into getting if the price dropped on it though.

Kon Tiki

Banned
neptunes said:
I think you can only change music tracks with the touch screen, and the second screen is used for...wait for it!

A map really? Got a link to an article that map info in it?

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Society said:
How come noone cared for this on ngage?

More people have ngage than NDS.

I don't know...there's like what, several hundred journalists that are getting DS systems now. That's more than the 20 people that bought N-Gage.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
neptunes said:
Don't be fooled, the n-gage sold more than people expected.

When they started dumping the original model, sure. But it still sucks and that's why the N-Gage version of this game gets no attention. :p

Grubdog

Banned
neptunes said:

How lame, what's the point of this even being on DS? :p

snapty00 said:
This game would probably look beyond Nintendo 64 quality if it had texture filtering.

Put a sock in it!

Show me any game that has better textures (filtered or not) than this game for N64.

thom

Does the Ngage version of this game look the same?

I know it's a launch title but seeing this game is a little depressing...I hope this isn't the best the DS can do in terms of textures and modeling.

thom said:
Does the Ngage version of this game look the same?
It looks the same but the framerare is only at around 20-24fps. Here's my post (with videos) from the other Asphalt thread (http://forums.gaming-age.com/showthread.php?t=21736):

Project Midway said:
Are there any DS Asphalt videos available? I would like to see how it looks like at 60fps. Here's couple vids (1.5-2mb each) from the N-Gage version. Too bad they are heavily compressed with lots of artifacts. Anyway, fun little racer, especially the multiplayer mode is great stuff.

Asphalt Video1
Asphalt Video2
Asphalt Video3

It plays a lot like burnout-games, and if DS version really is 60fps, every DS owner should atleast try it.

Mashing

It doesn't look as good as RR PSP for sure, but you can't say this looks terrible next to the some of the other DS games. And since the DS shares some components with the N-Gage, it should be translate well (and Nintendo probaly has better development tools than Nokia does so it has a chance to turn out better).

kitchenmotors said:
Put a sock in it!

Show me any game that has better textures (filtered or not) than this game for N64.

with the filtering, it'd probably lokok a lot like Top Gear Overdrive (probabloy the best looking n64 racer, and made by Snowblind)

tgodhires1.jpg

tgodhires6.jpg

tgodhires7.jpg

Top Bottom