• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Characters announced for Neo-Geo Battle Coliseum

NGBC = BEST LINE-UP EVER!

Hotaru: Mark of the Wolves
Robert: Art of Fighting, KoF
Moriya: Last Blade
Lee: Art of Fighting

3852.jpg

3854.jpg

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
quin said:
is this using hi-res sprites? it looks nice

the scans make it look nice. actually it's using low-res sprites on hi-res backgrounds, and it looks HIDEOS. well, at least it's not as bad as kof 94 rebout. and i love the character lineup.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Cool, Robert's a brand new sprite. Can't really tell with Ryo. He's been called Mr. Karate before BTW, in the PSX version of Fatal Fury Wild Ambition.

Lee Pai Long is in the game too?? I don't remember him getting announced! :D

drohne said:
the scans make it look nice. actually it's using low-res sprites on hi-res backgrounds, and it looks HIDEOS. well, at least it's not as bad as kof 94 rebout. and i love the character lineup.

I've seen KOF Neowave in the arcades (runs on the same hardware as this game), and the sprites look far better against the high res backgrounds than any other fighting game. The edges around them are smoother and the colors are richer/brighter, so it helps. I was surprised how nice Neowave's visuals were, and this game looks even better. It made the KOF 2003 machine next to Neowave look like it had no color whatsoever.

XS+

Banned
MMCafe sez the tag system is TTT-style, ie. KO one opponent and the match ends.

I really gotta pick up this issue of Arcadia..

And the game looks great (although it could use some boosted special effects a la CvS series)

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Yeah, Neo Wave does look pretty nice in person. It has a very crisp look compared to the other KOF games.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
i don't see why the sprites in neowave or this would look any better than the ones in capcom vs. snk 1 -- it's basically the same hardware, and basically the same approach. but i hope you're right.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I don't get why the special moves aren't getting the same enhancements as the PS2/Xbox ports of the Neo-Geo fighting games released in the last year.

drohne said:
i don't see why the sprites in neowave or this would look any better than the ones in capcom vs. snk 1 -- it's basically the same hardware, and basically the same approach. but i hope you're right.

Grizzlyjin can back me up on this. :) Capcom just did a cut n' paste and threw the sprites onto the game on top of the high res backgrounds. With Neowave, Playmore actually cleaned them up a bit and added more color to make them fit in better. I was really surprised how nice it looked when I saw it.

boutrosinit

Street Fighter IV World Champion
Whoresome.

I take it from the little boxout on the roster page that Eiji and the hat dude from Last Blade are being considered too. I'm appalled that Eiji has been neglected in so many games. He was an extension of my fingers for much the time KOF'95 was on the scene.

The Eiji and Zantetsu pic doesn't necessarily mean anything. They're probably just pointing out that the two are related by family, Zantetsu is an ancestor of Eiji.

Hmmm... Hotaru is fine I guess, it will be interesting putting her against Akari. I play Moriya quite a bit too. Never liked Robert. Lee... well, it's someone we didn't expect at least.

Oh, and Robert has a load of different sprites. There's his AoF1 sprite and the KoF version (white/red/orange), his AoF3 sprite which is also in KoF (blue/white, not exactly this one), and a new one he got for KoF2003.

After seeing Hanzo, Fuuma and Kisarah, I'm only hoping for Roomi from Galaxy Fight. With her this roster would be perfect.

Top Bottom