• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New DS Hardware shot- HOTTTTT!!!!!

HouseAtreides said:
Oh really? So if Nintendo themselves referred to DS as a third pillar, wouldn't that be similar to Virtual Boy back at that point in time in Nintendo's stable of products? Console, handheld, and something...else. I love how you immediately write me off just because I don't kiss Nintendo's ass. Jesus Christ.

DS brings a new gameplay element (two screens, touchpad). Virtual Boy also brought a new gameplay element (quasi-holographic, quasi-virtual reality). The latter failed due to lack of games. Having not seen much coverage of DS games yet in any online or offline media (I concede it may be out there, but I haven't heard a big buzz about it and for a hardware launch that's surprising to me), I likened its chances to Virtual Boy. And that's banworthy? Come on, grow up.

So why was this guy unbanned?

As for the power button...in the DS Manual it states that you slide the button to the right to turn it on...not press it in. If you look at it, there is a groove to the right of the switch where you could press the button to the right. Sorta like the SNES where you had to press the switch forward, not in, to turn the system on.

Tenguman

Craig Majaski said:
As for the power button...in the DS Manual it states that you slide the button to the right to turn it on...not press it in. If you look at it, there is a groove to the right of the switch where you could press the button to the right. Sorta like the SNES where you had to press the switch forward, not in, to turn the system on.
Cool. No accidental power-offs then

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
I'll pay $200 for that!

GDGF

Soothsayer
No more clumsy than any other fliptop device. Not clumsy at all. I'm glad it doesn't look like a universal remote with a screen smacked on it , myself (like one of it's competitors)

human5892

Queen of Denmark
I love how the DS looks. Very sharp.

Also, I'm wondering how many more above-N64 level screenshots people will need to see before they cease the N64 comparisons...

Tellaerin

Very nice. Casing design's come a long way since the prototype.

Amazing how something as superficial as a plastic housing can shape people's perceptions. I think Nintendo learned that the hard way with the Gamecube, but it looks like they're using it to their advantage with the DS. Point to Nintendo. :)

human5892

Queen of Denmark
Tellaerin said:
Very nice. Casing design's come a long way since the prototype.

Amazing how something as superficial as a plastic housing can shape people's perceptions. I think Nintendo learned that the hard way with the Gamecube, but it looks like they're using it to their advantage with the DS. Point to Nintendo. :)
Very true, although I think the lesson was learned prior to the DS with the GBA SP.

I expect the Revolution to be a damned sexy piece of hardware.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Wait til' World Touch.

Has a nice ring to it, eh? :)

Anyway, I can't wait to see the launch games and final price on this baby. Not too long now!

AniHawk

nubbe said:
It starts in November? If so… December release?

There was a rumor a while back that it'd be released in the US before Thanksgiving or Black Friday, and released in Japan in December.

Top Bottom