• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Famitsu scores (Ace Combat V)

Solid

http://www.gamefront.de/

Still unconfirmed though.

Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War (PS2, Namco): 9 / 8 / 8 / 9 - (34/40)
F-Zero Climax (GBA, Nintendo): 7 / 7 / 7 / 8 - (29/40)
Uchuu Senkan Yamato: Iscandar he no Tsuioku (PS2, Bandai): 6 / 7 / 6 / 6 - (25/40)
Akaiito (PS2, Success): 7 / 6 / 6 / 6 - (25/40)
Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas: Boogy no Gyakushuu (PS2, Capcom): 8 / 7 / 7 / 7 - (29/40)

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
That's not low it all. Not like AC4 got 40/40.

That's a damn good score.

Razoric

Banned
Doom_Bringer said:
"Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War (PS2, Namco): 9 / 8 / 8 / 9 - (34/40)"

shit why so low?

:lol

Goddamn if something doesnt get perfect scores anymore then people are disappointed. Why even have a 1-10 rating system if anything below a 9 is considered bad? Might as well make a thumbs up, thumbs down system.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Yay for Ace Combat V and The Nightmare Before Christmas! I knew that AC5 would be nothing short of great, but I'm also glad to hear that The Nightmare Before Christmas is at least decent.

And Ace Combat V has 30 story missions! 12 more than Ace Combat 4 if I remember correctly.

Grizzlyjin said:
Yay for Ace Combat V and The Nightmare Before Christmas! I knew that AC5 would be nothing short of great, but I'm also glad to hear that The Nightmare Before Christmas is at least decent.

And Ace Combat V has 30 story missions! 12 more than Ace Combat 4 is I remember correctly.

yeah! Man I can't freaking wait! Between May and August 2004 I beat AC4 8 times!!! I know the story is going to kick all kinds of ass kinds in AC5!

I wonder what Demon of Razgirl(sp?) is

Damn I hope I can it for cheap from Futureshop!

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
Plus Famitsu is not all that. One of the staffers to the US leg compared it to Gamepro.

It has gotten a better rating AC4 which was truly a great game.
I'm content with that, I would have even bought it if it only got a score <30

Joeholley

Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas: Boogy no Gyakushuu (PS2, Capcom): 8 / 7 / 7 / 7 - (29/40)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
I was seriously hoping for triple-A scores from this game; tNBC is one of my top 5 IPs of all time, and desperately needs an full game that takes advantage of the overabundance of creativity in it.

ferricide

DaCocoBrova said:
Plus Famitsu is not all that. One of the staffers to the US leg compared it to Gamepro.
the only reason people here give a shit about what famitsu thinks is because they can't read it.

snapty00

Banned
ferricide said:
the only reason people here give a shit about what famitsu thinks is because they can't read it.
Weird, but true. That's probably where a lot of the "OMG I hope Game X Go Go! in japan comes out here IT'S SO MUCH FUN" hype comes from even when they know damn well they've never touched the game.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
ferricide said:

I think the same is true for some anime and game voice tracks. Everyone always claims that the Japanese version has better voice acting...I don't know about all that. I mean we have some cheap vocie acting over here, but lots of languages sound better when you don't understand them.

I'm pretty interested in the exclusives Famitsu gets, I don't think I can say the same thing about Gamepro. :lol

ferricide

Grizzlyjin said:
I think the same is true for some anime and game voice tracks. Everyone always claims that the Japanese version has better voice acting...I don't know about all that. I mean we have some cheap vocie acting over here, but lots of languages sound better when you don't understand them.
definitely. it's one of those whiny fanboy things that makes me roll my eyes.

although sometimes it's also very true. i mean, wait till you guys play baten kaitos. did i say that out loud? =P then again, i also speak japanese, so, uh, i feel qualified to say.

a lot of the (japanese) acting in games is hammy and rote, but sometimes you do get awesome performances. i'd say the overall quality in japan is higher, because voice actors get paid like shit in japan, even good ones. hence they can afford to voice the fuck out of games and get decent people.

here, it's hella expensive, so they cheap out and end up with dogshit. but i'd also say that the overall quality of game voice acting has improved a lot since the last generation, here. or even over the course of this one. it's really rare to get a totally crappy voice job these days. out of all the RPGs i've reviewed this year, only one had overall bad voice acting.

but what i really meant by my comment is that the reviews in famitsu are so superficial and un-critical that they're almost meaningless. moreover, if you listen to the industry scuttlebutt over there, the scores have more to do with the exclusives and strategy pages in the book. you know that enterbrain (the mag's publisher) makes most of its money off of strategy guides? well, now you do. hrmmmm. the in depth guides in the mag, and exclusives, are also the main reason people buy famitsu these days.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
i think a distinction needs to be made ...

Famitsu in terms of news, exclusive details, and general coverage is absolutely awesome for a weekly magazine.

The thing that sucks balls is the reviews. It's hard to believe that the 4 people reviewing can get anywhere near through the games that they review. Also, the review text per person is tiny! Sorry to bring it up, but the Bouncer review from one guy amounted to : "the graphics and sound are very beautiful. The environments are pretty. This game shows the true power of the ps2. 9 out of 10" ....

Bebpo

Banned
ferricide said:
. the in depth guides in the mag, and exclusives, are also the main reason people buy famitsu these days.

Well that and the 4-6 page photo shoots of random women ^^;;

Top Bottom