• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Famitsu scores (Virtua Fighter Cyber)

Solid

Virtua Fighter Cyber Generation (PS2/GC, Sega): 8 / 7 / 6 / 7 - (28/40)
Super Mario Ball (GBA, Nintendo): 7 / 7 / 7 / 8 - (29/40)
Clover Hearts: Looking for Happiness (PS2, NEC): 6 / 6 / 6 / 6 - (24/40)
Blood Rayne (PS2, Majesco): 7 / 8 / 7 / 7 - (29/40)
Monochrome (PS2, Kid): 7 / 6 / 6 / 7 - (26/40)
Taikou Risshiden V (PS2, Koei): 8 / 8 / 7 / 8 - (31/40)
Zwei!! (PS2, Taito Corporation): 7 / 7 / 7 / 6 - (27/40)
Simple 2000 Series Vol. 61: The Oane-Chapara (PS2, D3): 6 / 6 / 6 / 6 - (24/40)
Hagane no Renkinjutsushi: Dream Carnival (PS2, Bandai): 8 / 8 / 7 / 7 - (30/40)
Crash Bandicoot Bakusou! Nitro Kart (PS2, VU Games): 6 / 7 / 7 / 6 - (26/40)

Sho Nuff

Banned
Wow, VF Cyber is actually coming out this week...

...yeah, I'm sure glad we got that instead of the "Die Hard" style VF action game that Yu Suzuki was talking about...

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Because Famitsuu scores are the definitive report on what's good and not in games... :p

You know, when Virtua Fighter Quest first announced, it really a lot of promise. I remember speculation on a Shenmue style Virtua Fighter game that went in depth with each character. I would have loved a game like that, but of course.....what a way to destroy a good idea, Yu!

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
I remember, from previous threads, quite a lot of people firmly believing Super Mario Ball will be such a fun game! Are you still believers?

Socreges

Banned
Kiriku said:
I remember, from previous threads, quite a lot of people firmly believing Super Mario Ball will be such a fun game! Are you still believers?
A lot of people, such as myself, said it looked like fun. Because it did. You seem bitter.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Ouch on Super Mario Ball, the game concept and videos genuinly looked enjoyable but I'm guessing something is amiss with the overall package.

I'll wait on US reviews on this one but I'm none too enthusiastic about it.

The moment I saw videos on VF:CG and the mundane gameplay I stopped caring about it.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
On 2ch someone says that VF:CG did not get 28/40 but 30/40 for the PS2 version and 31/40 for the NGC one. Still not great, especially for Famitsu but it would (if true) be a bit better.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
30 and 31 (if those are the scores) ARE good famitsu scores, but like someone else said, they shouldn't be held up as the baramoter of quality, because the reviewers seem to be , well, scatty some times.

"The combat was really fun at E3. I'll probably still get it."

I played the demo in our local store and thought it was alright! I didn't think it was terrible at all - it might even be fairly fun. I guess people hold VF in high esteem and i do agree that this isn't the direction i'd have taken the franchise, although i'm sure this is Sega's attempt to appeal to younger VF players. I recall seeing an interview where they were saying that all the kids don't play VF and that the franchise would decrease in popularity if they just relied on the current crop of players.

Top Bottom