• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New final Paper Mario box? Oh nos...

No. Just no. I wouldn't be saying this if they hadn't shown a perfectly good American boxart already. This new one is a total clusterfuck of poor design choices compared to the original, which is much cleaner and vibrant.

Boogie9IGN

God forbid someone buys a game because of its content and not the boxart!

IMO though, I like the Japanese one most.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Boogie9IGN said:
God forbid someone buys a game because of its content and not the boxart!
I don't know about anyone else, but I throw away the game and have the box put into a frame and mount it on a wall.

Screaming_Gremlin

My QB is a Dick and my coach is a Nutt
Scrow said:
I don't know about anyone else, but I throw away the game and have the box put into a frame and mount it on a wall.

I thought everyone did this. Are you implying that some people actually play games? I don't believe you.

Phoenix

Well its better than the box art I proposed for it....

1roll-recy-front.jpg

Jooey: did you see the dumb new subtitle it's getting
Alex: no :(
Jooey: PAPER MARIO: THE THOUSAND-YEAR DOOR
Alex: ~_~
Jooey: NOA really likes subtitles
Alex: yeah
Jooey: if they were making halo 2 I bet it'd be called HALO 2: COVENANT CHAOS!

Deg

Banned
Kobun Heat said:
OLD: Very nicely composed piece of coherent artwork that is related to the content of the game (stage, curtains, etc.)

NEW: Random jumble of generic character art with an unappealing picture of Mario and a shitty new logo.

WAY TO FUCKING GO

i hope the Euro version looks good. :(

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
The only thing I like about the old compared to the new is the crumbled paper style of the logo. Otherwise I think all look fine. I even the design of the original US logo to the Japanese logo, but I like how subtle it is on the Japanese box.

hirokazu

RevenantKioku said:
The only thing I like about the old compared to the new is the crumbled paper style of the logo. Otherwise I think all look fine. I even the design of the original US logo to the Japanese logo, but I like how subtle it is on the Japanese box.

i've always hated the old logo, especially since it looked like they just lazily slapped a "2" onto the PM64 logo, it looked really out of place. apart from that, i liked the old boxart.

i really like the Japanese logo and wanted them to adopt it for the US box, but they didn't do a very good job of it, getting rid of the isometric view and the pop-up book effect.

but meh, i think overall the box is still OK

Top Bottom