• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Forza preview at IGN

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Except your last comment to start a rash of new arguments... ;)

Back in the earlier days of GT 1 and 2, cars were essentially running on one wheel in the cent of the chassis and then rocket-sledded around the track

It seems kinda strange to make that comment... it's like we aren't saying GT 1 and 2 did this... but back during that time period racers did this.... anyway Drivatar continues to sound cool as hell.

I'm really digging the nod to Import tuning with the visual and parts customization options... that's something that Forza is definitely going to have over GT.

Car and part trading sounds cool too for the online nuts...

PhatSaqs

Banned
I hate racing games (except for MotoGP :p) but im definitely gonna pick this up. The trading, tweaking, & customization options sound damn awesome.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
forza-motorsport-20040809104316015.jpg

"Running at a crisp 60 frames per second, the tracks and cars both earn degradation throughout a race."

CAN'T WAIT TO RACE ON XBL!!

Redbeard

Banned
In the latest XBN one of the producers said it's running at 30fps, so either he's mixed up or IGN is. That, or they've managed to double the framerate in the space between the two previews.

jedimike

Deepthroat said:
Wow! So it's 60fps? Great if so! :D

Don't let them mislead you. The game is 30, but as I was saying before, most people can't see the difference unless they go from a 60 game to a 30 or vice versa. The editor probably just assumed 60 because it looked smooth to him.

Solid

jedimike said:
Don't let them mislead you. The game is 30, but as I was saying before, most people can't see the difference unless they go from a 60 game to a 30 or vice versa. The editor probably just assumed 60 because it looked smooth to him.
Ah ok. It doesn't matter so much to me really. I had no problem with PGR2 after playing GT3 so I guess it won't matter so much. Playing this before GT4 would probably be the best thing though.

mr2mike

Banned
it's more likely that the ownage is on IGN's ass, not this forum's... it woulnd't be the first time a "big news site" had one of their optically challenged staff members claim a 30 fps racer as 60.

Gregory

Banned
Same shitty car modellers as PGR1/2 it looks like. Same shitty 30fps. I suspect they`re using the same shitty PGR2 engine also.

Ugh.

DarienA

Gregory said:
Same shitty car modellers as PGR1/2 it looks like. Same shitty 30fps. I suspect they`re using the same shitty PGR2 engine also.

Ugh.

Troll Grade: D-

Zer0

Banned
PGR2 E3: Specular blooming (cars are all shiny and reflective), real-time lighting, self-shadowing, 60 fps, and the most detailed cities I've ever seen in a racer

-- Hilary Goldstein
Forza: Running at a crisp 60 frames per second, the tracks and cars both earn degradation throughout a race.

-- Hilary Goldstein
Hmm...
rolleyes.gif

Gregory

Banned
Zer0 said:

haha, exactly.

Yes, Modus, it looks like crap. It doesn`t even look close to a real car. The colour is terrible.

Project-Gotham02.jpg

Here you have the same car from PGR1. Just as ugly and fake looking. Propably modelled by the same guy.

So I take it Greg won't be buying the game?

Forza is one of many racing games I'll end up getting before the end of the year. Great year to be a racing fan if GT4 doesn't slip. And even if it does, I'll still be content with EA's racing games.

element

The colour is terrible.
best looking in-game iridescent paint I've seen.

142_0303_diablo_5_c_z.jpg

Game doesn't have any of the development staff from PGR1/2. It isn't using the same engine, none of the models from PGR1/2 are used in Forza.

damn, looks amazing.. but i doubt ill get it... i think i tend to like the arcade racers with alot to unlock...

rallisport and pgr2 are all i need for a while.. and then probably outrun 2.

Ranger X

Hey man are you a serious driver at PGR2? I'm searching for some no fucktard players to compete with.

tag:AtomicShroom

segasonic

Gregory said:
haha, exactly.

Yes, Modus, it looks like crap. It doesn`t even look close to a real car. The colour is terrible.
That's a two-color paintjob, moron. It looks exactly like that in reality.

Scoobert

I'm getting Forza, definitely. I could care less what anyone thinks about it, it's just their opinion. My opinion says buy it!

I really hope all the dev talk turns out true. I don't want to be disappointed. If everything they say is all true and works great, I will love it.

I also want that crashing demo from e3 too. Isn't it being turned into a real game? That looks like fun. :)

Gregory

Banned
element said:
Game doesn't have any of the development staff from PGR1/2. It isn't using the same engine, none of the models from PGR1/2 are used in Forza.

Really? Then why are they saying in interviews that the staff is made up from former PGR and Rallisport people? Hmm.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Gregory said:
Really? Then why are they saying in interviews that the staff is made up from former PGR and Rallisport people? Hmm.
They have some of MS people who worked on the production side of PGR2 / RSC2. None of the Forza staff are ex-employees or Bizarre or DiCE as far as I know of.

Gregory

Banned
segasonic said:
That's a two-color paintjob, moron. It looks exactly like that in reality.

Then i guess the real car looks like plastic also. Anyway, I lost all interest in this game after the 30fps announcement so I`m gonna stop "trolling" this thread.

DarienA

Redbeard said:
It is fucking plastic.

Yup...

The bodyshell is combined with a jig formed, multi tubular steel spaceframe chassis with outriggers. This is manufactured out of 1½" circular 16 gauge tubing, plastic coated for corrosion resistance.

Somebody just got owned.

Scoobert

Here you have the same car from PGR1. Just as ugly and fake looking. Propably modelled by the same guy.

By the way, the car you posted, that silver car is not the same as the purple one. Two different cars. They are not the same car.

Gregory

Banned
Scoobert said:
By the way, the car you posted, that silver car is not the same as the purple one. Two different cars. They are not the same car.

I know they`re not the exact same car but they`re propably the same brand and shows the same problems with colour and lighting.

But I see I`m in the minority here. Most people seem to think it looks realistic enough. Guess my expectations for this game was too high.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Gregory said:
But I see I'm in the minority here. Most people seem to think it looks realistic enough. Guess my expectations for this game was too high.

Really? I just figured you never gave this game a chance.

Ranger X

Scoobert said:
To compare:

TuscanR_2.jpg

Looks good to me.

If greatly modeled but it confirm my impression i had from all Forza shots so far; there's something wrong in the lightning of the graphics, it does not look all that real for that matter. So far, GT4 is having a more realistic light.

element

Gregory said:
Like BlimBlim said, the people who worked on those projects were part of the MS managment team. Like a producer, or a publishing art lead. No texture artists, no programmers, no modelers.

Top Bottom