• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New (?) Get On Da Mic trailer posted...

Argyle

Dunno if this is old or not but the official site has a new trailer posted on the main page...

http://www.getondamic.com/

Most importantly, they seem to reveal more of the soundtrack on the trailer...song list so far seems to be (artists are my best guess, I could be wrong :) - honestly I don't listen to much mainstream hip-hop) :

California Love (2Pac)
Jesus Walks (Kanye West)
Work It (Missy Elliot)
Gin and Juice (Snoop Dogg)
Naggin' (Ying Yang Twins)
Rubber Band Man (TI)
Hypnotize (Notorious BIG)
Push It (Salt n Pepa)
The Humpty Dance (Digital Underground)
Rapper's Delight (Sugarhill Gang)
Crank It Up (David Banner)
Hey Mama (Black Eyed Peas)
Baby Got Back (Sir Mix-a-lot)
Ante Up (remix) (MOP w/ Busta Rhymes)
Get By (Talib Kweli)
Nothing But A G Thang (Dr. Dre w/ Snoop Dogg)
Game Over (Lil' Flip)
Tipsy (J-Kwon)
Beautiful (Snoop Dogg w/ Pharrell)
Ruff Ryder Anthem (DMX)

Not in the trailer, but previously announced...
Straighten It Out (Pete Rock and CL Smooth)
Posse On Broadway (Sir Mix-a-lot)
Don't Believe The Hype (Public Enemy)
Still Ballin' (Nitty Remix) (2Pac)
Dear Mama (2Pac)

Edit: some more tracks announced:
The Jump Off (Lil Kim ft. Mr. Cheeks)
Fix Up (Dizzee Rascal)
Beware of the Boyz (Panjabi ft. Jay-Z)

They're claiming 40 songs, so I guess we'll see when they reveal the complete list...

Now, to the game journos and insiders out there - is this game any good? Has anyone played it? (I saw it at E3 but was too intimidated to play it out in public...) Does the scoring system work well?

I have to admit, I'll buy it anyway because anything that can get my coworkers to do the Humpty Hump can't be all bad :)

Argyle

Yeah it is, but the Xbox version is coming out next year. No idea what's going on with the GC version, it's not published by Eidos, is it? I'll be getting the PS2 version because, well, it's dropping first :)

There are videos of the game being played on Gamespot, pretty amusing stuff :)

Argyle

I'm going by a preview I saw in one of the magazines last month, not sure which one...might have been XBN, might have been GMR.

If they're smart they'll be spending the extra time to get Xbox Live downloadable content working, at minimum...we'll see, though.

There's no way I'll bother with the Cube version, it probably has inferior sound quality (smaller disc) and I already have microphone peripherals for the other two platforms...

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
You want to know what sucks hard about this game?

The songs are not the originals but rather covers. The person who starts of Ante Up is doing a really weak Busta Rhymes impersonation.

Argyle

I noticed that, but since you're supposed to be rapping over them, it doesn't matter as much, I think :) As long as the beats are about comparable in quality to the music in Karaoke Revolution, it'll be fine...

shuri

Banned
olubode said:
You want to know what sucks hard about this game?

The songs are not the originals but rather covers. The person who starts of Ante Up is doing a really weak Busta Rhymes impersonation.

Uuuhhh.. There goes any interest

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
Argyle said:
I noticed that, but since you're supposed to be rapping over them, it doesn't matter as much, I think :) As long as the beats are about comparable in quality to the music in Karaoke Revolution, it'll be fine...
Even the music is remade. Its not the original beats being used in Ante Up and that doesn't bode well for any of the other tracks.

Argyle

I know that the beats have been remade - my point is that the music is remade in Karaoke Revolution and they did a pretty good job there...it all depends on how good a job your cover band does :)

I listened to the two tracks on the Gamespot site (Humpty Dance and Posse on Broadway) and they seemed fine to me...

Patrick Klepek

furiously molesting tim burton
Argyle said:
Now, to the game journos and insiders out there - is this game any good? Has anyone played it? (I saw it at E3 but was too intimidated to play it out in public...) Does the scoring system work well?

in a word: trash

Argyle

Exxy: is it trash because...

The cover songs suck?
The vocal detection/scoring doesn't work?
You don't like hip-hop?

Just would like more details :)

Exxy, really though, you don't seem to be the biggest hip-hop head. Would someone who enjoys hip-hop music like this game - can you answer that?

Actually, I love hip-hop and I think the tracklisting is garbage, so I guess it doesn't matter :p

Patrick Klepek

get on da mic's problems stem far into the actual gameplay and have nothing to do with my lack of passion for the hip hop genre. believe me, i didn't sit around playing it alone.

Argyle

Exxy: I heard about your comments (I had someone just ask you about it) - I won't post them here because if you wanted them posted here, you'd post them yourself...

...but Singstar and KR have the same problems you mentioned, and we enjoy them hugely, so I don't think it'll bother me much, to be honest.

eXxy said:
get on da mic's problems stem far into the actual gameplay and have nothing to do with my lack of passion for the hip hop genre. believe me, i didn't sit around playing it alone.

That's cool. Didn't mean to offend your musical tastes or anything like that.

Patrick Klepek

no biggie

i'd post more impressions but i think i'd get in trouble. eidos is supposed to send me a preview copy for GA pretty soon, though, so...

Argyle

Do the bumpity bump...do the bumpity bump :)

Just noticed some new tracks were announced a couple of days ago on Gamespy, list updated :)

Top Bottom