• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Girl Scout cookie flavors coming this year: Toffee-tastic, Trios, Rah-Rah Raisins

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Three New Girls Scout Cookies for 2015

The Girl Scouts will be debuting three new cookies this cookie season and two of them are gluten-free. The new trio of cookies include Toffee-tastic, Trios, and Rah-Rah Raisins.

Toffee-tastic are gluten-free buttery cookies with toffee bits.

Rah-Rah Raisins are oatmeal raisin cookies that include Greek yogurt-flavored chunks.

Trios features a gluten-free cookie made with peanut butter, chocolate chips, and whole grain oats.

If any of the new flavors have you intrigued, they're not available in every market, so you'll want to contact your local Girl Scout's council to find out which cookies they'll be carrying this season. They also not an official Girl Scout Cookie Finder app, for both iOS and Android, that you can use.

mN6QKNZ.jpg

andycapps

I can't wait until this gluten-free trend dies out. These cookies would probably be good otherwise, but I won't be buying any of these.

styl3s

Though I don't care for them myself, oatmeal raisin cookies are popular with a lot of people.
Oatmeal Raisin is GOAT.

Gonna buy so many of these and thin mints.

I can't wait until this gluten-free trend dies out. These cookies would probably be good otherwise, but I won't be buying any of these.
Considering the fact it's not a trend and there are people who are actually allergic and can't eat gluten exist, it's not going away.

What i find most amusing about people who get so upset about gluten is that they can never tell what is and isn't gluten free and only complain when they see a sticker or label.

i love oatmeal raisin cookies but I dunno about buying mass produced oatmeal raisin cookies. haven't had a good one yet

also fuck "yogurt chunks"

tastes like chemical assholes

I can't wait until this gluten-free trend dies out.

and all those pieces of shit with celiac along with it!

i love oatmeal raisin cookies but I dunno about buying mass produced oatmeal raisin cookies. haven't had a good one yet

and all those pieces of shit with celiac along with it!

Celiac patients used to be the only ones that needed to care about gluten-free. Now its seemingly half of America

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Trio has potential, but I am a fan of neither raisins nor toffee.

andycapps

Oatmeal Raisin is GOAT.

Gonna buy so many of these and thin mints.

Considering the fact it's not a trend and there are people who are actually allergic and can't eat gluten exist, it's not going away.

What i find most amusing about people who get so upset about gluten is that they can never tell what is and isn't gluten free and only complain when they see a sticker or label.

Sure, there are some people out there that have celiac, but there are also a lot of "gluten sensitive" people out there muddying the waters and junking up my Facebook regarding the evils of gluten.

Oatmeal cookies are great, but I really don't like oatmeal raisin. Raisins and prunes are the only dried fruit I actively avoid (not a fan of dried coconut in my desserts either actually).

Willing to try the new flavors but I have a feeling I'll just go back to my thin mints or dulce de leche ones again.

7aged

OK, explain this to me as a non-American. Is it actually a brand with their own product lineup? I thought it was just a tradition of scouts selling home made cookies during the holidays or something

As someone with Celiac Disease, I'm always pleased to see mainstream companies make an effort to open up some of their products to people unable to consume gluten. Though it's disheartening to see how negative people are about this sort of thing. Hopefully there are plenty of kids out there who can enjoy these since so many treats are usually off-limits unless you seek out the specialty stuff.

Good for them.

Ferrio

Banned
As someone with Celiac Disease, I'm always pleased to see mainstream companies make an effort to open up some of their products to people unable to consume gluten. Though it's disheartening to see how negative people are about this sort of thing. Hopefully there are plenty of kids out there who can enjoy these since so many treats are usually off-limits unless you seek out the specialty stuff.

Good for them.

As I see it the trouble with that is a lot of this isn't because of actual celiacs but because of the gluten free fad. What happens if/when the fad ends?

Cat Party

My girls are both in Girl Scouts, so this stuff is my life for the next few months.

In the Portland area, we are getting the toffee and the raisin varieties, but the toffee ones are expected to be scarce.

As I see it the trouble with that is a lot of this isn't because of actual celiacs but because of the gluten free fad. What happens if/when the fad ends?

Celiac diagnosis numbers are rising so it's not like people are going to stop requiring gluten-free food and/or properly labeled packaging. When the fad ends, it ends. People who legitimately can't eat gluten products will continue to request that companies at least label their packaging honestly. Not being able to eat processed/junk food is no big loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom