• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

new halo 2 hands on!

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
>>>For the PC version, I'm sure there'll be options if not modded games.<<<

Who said anything about Halo 2 for PC? Bungie promised Halo 1 on PC and Mac when they were bought out, and nothing else.

Naw, I think it'll definitely hit the PC...but like some have already said, I don't think it will happen for two or so years -- mainly because this is a system-seller...an XBOX selling-title. I'm sure that MS wants to see Halo thrive on the PC/Mac as much as it has on XBOX. Hopefully, though, the conversion will be better.

FightyF

Banned
I think it would make perfect sense to work on a Halo 3 for the PC and Xenon, if a port doesn't occur within a year of the Xbox release.

GhaleonEB

MightyHedgehog said:
Naw, I think it'll definitely hit the PC...but like some have already said, I don't think it will happen for two or so years -- mainly because this is a system-seller...an XBOX selling-title. I'm sure that MS wants to see Halo thrive on the PC/Mac as much as it has on XBOX. Hopefully, though, the conversion will be better.

Heh, don't count on it.

Sai

The community's there for the PC port, and it did sell quite well I hear. So I definitely wouldn't rule out a PC port in the future...

Thing is, I think Bungie would have to handle this port themselves. I doubt folks will trust Gearbox after all the heat they caught from HaloPC.

akascream

Banned
On-line Hosting - We've all been in an Xbox LIVE game when the host drops. It sucks. Bungie agrees and has implemented a hierarchal hosting scheme that shifts the host to the next fastest connection when the original drops. Expect this trick to be in every on-line title next year.

I guess this means Halo on Live will be peer to peer. :(

Drexon

Banned
It's not p2p. And all XBL games have always been hosted (entirely without any MS server help) by the hoster since it launched.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
dont think this deserved a new thread, so i'll post it here...

sounds like halo 2 will be coming with a new live headset :) (and yeah, may sound phony, but i think its legit)
http://carnage.bungie.org/haloforum/halo.forum.pl?read=460234

Well, now we know at least one of the components of the Halo 2 box set. My dad works at Plantronics, the company that makes the Xbox Live headsets for Microsoft (among other headset products). He was talking about work over dinner yesterday and mentioned that his group had been assigned to create a mold for a new style of Xbox headset. They had the prototype for it, but not a mold to mass produce it. Curious, I asked my dad what it was for. He said it was going to come packaged with some game, but had no idea which one. Oye. I showed him the "H2" logo on the internet and he said, yeap, we have to put that on the earpiece of the headset. I asked him more about the headset, and he said it was basically the same as the standard Live headset save that it was made of clearish green plastic and had the "H2" logo on it. He didn't know anything else. I've asked him to find out if it's for the Halo 2 box set when he goes in to work on Monday. Mayhap he'll be able to bring home a prototype... he did it for the original Xbox Communicator. If so, I'll post pics for all of you to see (provided no one tells me that's a no-no ;-))

So there you go. Looks like we'll all get to talk some trash over brand new headsets come release day!

Is he referring to the special edition Halo 2 box set?

243597.jpg

This thing?

GhaleonEB

A recent Bungie update made mention of a 'licensed hardware' item coming up soon - could this be it?

Also, I don't see that being included in the Limited Edition box - the extra DVD and the metal case are more than worth the $5. I see a Halo 2/XBox Live combo, though - much like the Halo/XBox bundle.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
GhaleonEB said:
A recent Bungie update made mention of a 'licensed hardware' item coming up soon - could this be it?

Also, I don't see that being included in the Limited Edition box - the extra DVD and the metal case are more than worth the $5. I see a Halo 2/XBox Live combo, though - much like the Halo/XBox bundle.

hmm, i dont remember hearing about that... but yeah, a live kit makes more sense then packing it with every game (or special ed.). shit, if so, i may have to buy a third version of halo 2 ;)

Top Bottom