• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

new halo 2 renders

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
hope bungie.net releases bigger ones soon

http://features.teamxbox.com/xbox/899/Halo-2-Bios-Blowout/p1 (more at link then i posted)

01mc.jpg

03sgtjohnson.jpg

05marines.jpg

06prophet.jpg

18wraith.jpg

19phantom.jpg

20shadow.jpg

31carbine.jpg

op_ivy

Mike Works said:
They sure like their purple.

and green. dont forget green.

maybe the covenant homeworld has a lot of purple so its a design choice for camo?

GhaleonEB

The redesigned Wraith looks awesome.

20shadow.jpg

Nice to finally have a good render of the Creep. Looks like the Covenant version of the Warthog - room for a driver, gunner and a passanger or two. Can't wait to use it.

op_ivy said:
and green. dont forget green.

maybe the covenant homeworld has a lot of purple so its a design choice for camo?
If there was a Halo section in jeopardy, you would beat that Mormon dude.

Lakitu

st5fu
What about the Covenant Shadow and the previous U-shaped Covenant dropship? Are they in the game?

Btw, those renders are HAWT.

Edit: Wtf am I high?

scarybore

ManDudeChild said:
03sgtjohnson.jpg

Now I'm sure he was killed in Halo 1. The Legendary ending where he's hugging the Covinent alien.

He died tons of times in Halo whenever I played :D

In the end I made a challenge that I always had to get Sarge through the level the best I could, its worth it just to hear all the stupid things he says.

Either way, it's explained in the books (First Strike specifically) as to why hes still rocking.

scarybore

Mike Works said:
Could you spoiler tag the explanation?

Sure, but first of all it is to be stated that Sarge
officially would have "died" when the flood ambushed him and Keyes in the 343 Guilty Spark level, rather than when Halo broke apart with him having a cuddle with the elite.

However Sarge didnt die due to him having a disease called Boren's Syndrome, which is the result of being subjected to high yield plasma such as from a Plasma Grenade.

Boren's Syndrome is characterized by migranes, amnesia and brain tumors. If left untreated it is also fatal. It also disrupts the electrical signals in a persons nervous system. Due to the Sarge being a right hard bastard, he refused the 30 weeks of chemotherapy treatment so that he could be back killing Covenant ASAP.

Due to his jumbled nervous system, the flood infection forms were unable to infect Sgt. Johnson and thus rejected him as a host. However due to this attempt at infection he has Flood DNA in his blood, which are very much dead and non-infectious but some gene fragments are intact. It has also given himsome regenerative abilities yet that is not confirmed by Dr Halsey (the Spartans were her creation).

Either way, Sarge manages to get out of the facilty alive and eventually off Halo on a Pelican with a few others and is re-united with Master Chief in orbit of Threshold (the planet that Halo in beside, and if you are clever enough you may be able to jump to a specific, major conclusion just by that sentance).

Also of note that the games and the novels storylines are taken from the Halo Bible, "the collection of information about the Halo universe that all Halo content creators (official ones - book authors, folks writing the stories for the games) use to keep their facts straight." - quote lovingly stolen from halo.bungie.org

I think thats just about it but if anyone has anything else to add then feel free, though I think I got it all considering how long a post this was.

op_ivy

Mike Works said:
If there was a Halo section in jeopardy, you would beat that Mormon dude.

i'm not sure what that means... but coming from you, it must be funny

Top Bottom