• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

new halo 2 zanzibar pics (from toronto convention)

BuddyC

XBOX_CONVENTION0082.JPG

Haha, it's 'Classified' instead of 'Saved Movies' - guess we still aren't supposed to know ;)

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
is it just me, or are these of another time of day?
XBOX_CONVENTION0048.JPG

XBOX_CONVENTION0045.JPG

FnordChan

On a completely unrelated note, the first thing I thought of when I saw the thread title was this:

standonz2.jpg

That said, Halo 2 is looking pretty damn good.

FnordChan

op_ivy said:
is it just me, or are these of another time of day?
XBOX_CONVENTION0048.JPG

XBOX_CONVENTION0045.JPG

If my memory of the layout from the e3 demo is serving me correctly, the shadows are facing in the same direction, so thats unlikely. It's more probably that they just came out looking a bit different.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
morbidaza said:
If my memory of the layout from the e3 demo is serving me correctly, the shadows are facing in the same direction, so thats unlikely. It's more probably that they just came out looking a bit different.

yeah, just an artifcat of shitty pics combined with the lighting from the fired rocket (at least in pic one)

GhaleonEB

I was really hoping for more than just Zanzibar, and it's the E3 build, to boot.

Hopefully the next wave of playable (such as PAX) will be more interesting, since they are post-August 24th.

Sai

* Sai snores...

I'm not one to complain about new HALO 2 media, everybody who's familiar with me should know this. But I'm tired of Zanzibar now.

Newbie said:
How much is the SP going to be an improvment on this?
A great deal. Smarter AI, bigger focus on vehicles, more enemies, single player maps will be 5 times the size of Assault on the Control Room, no repetitive enviroments/combat situations...

Sai said:
A great deal. Smarter AI, bigger focus on vehicles, more enemies, single player maps will be 5 times the size of Assault on the Control Room, no repetitive enviroments/combat situations...

Sounds more like a Wishlist than an actual Features List to me.

That map has never excited me. It seems too small/stuffy. That leads to way too much chaos and zero team strategy. Maybe I'm wrong though.

No doubt they're really trying to pimp it like Blood Gulch though - a map I really never cared for and one that fails in comparison to the mighty Sidewinder map.

PhatSaqs said:
Dont worry. He's just upset that Killzone, so far, has turned out to be a POS :p

Humm... I don't even plan on buying Killzone, and I didn't ever plan to do so. Where did you got this from? Killzone looks like shit btw.

It's kind of hard to have a neutral opinion on Halo 2 on this board. Do I really need to hate the game, or to love another game that WILL compete with Halo 2 this winter? I can't just post a comment, good or bad, about the game?

Halo 2 multiplayer looks awesome. Can't say the same thing about the single player, because it's all "word in the air" written by this guy from the Weekly Update. That's it. There's no "Killzone" or "Metroid Prime 2" involved in this.

Sai

Littleberu said:
Ah in those "Weekly update"? Hehe.
No, various magazine articles that have been released over the past few months since around E3.

Well I hope for you that Halo 2 is gonna be as awesome as you think It will.
At this point, there's no reason to believe it won't be.

Society said:
And pics of the PC version?
http://www.bungie.net/Games/Halo2/page.aspx?section=FAQInfo&subsection=FAQs&page=1

Q What systems will Halo 2 be available for?

A
Halo 2 is being made for the Xbox only at this time.

I don't get why one would post many times about his so called neutrality in a thread. If I'm neutral about a game, people usually stfu. Which leads us back to Littleberu not making much sense. omg teh vicious circle!

6.8 said:
I don't get why one would post many times about his so called neutrality in a thread. If I'm neutral about a game, people usually stfu. Which leads us back to Littleberu not making much sense. omg teh vicious circle!

I don't hate Halo 2, and I don't plan on buying it. So that make me Neutral. IMO. I didn't post my last comment to prove that Killzone will be better than Halo 2, or that Metroid Prime 2 will be. I just posted it because that's what I think about the present situation. That's it.

PhatSaqs

Banned
Littleberu said:
I don't hate Halo 2, and I don't plan on buying it.
And you've stated that you dont "need" Halo 2 or want an Xbox. So this is what makes your "neutral" comments look like trolling. Why do you care about the features list again?

PhatSaqs said:
And you've stated that you dont "need" Halo 2 or want an Xbox. So this is what makes your "neutral" comments look like trolling. Why do you care about the features list again?

Because I like games in general, and I know Halo 2 is anticipated a whole damn lot, maybe? I like to keep myself updated, and to have my own opinion on different games. I'll believe that Halo 2 single player will be what's written "behind the box" when I'll see it. That doesn't mean I want the game to fail, because that would be trolling.

SyNapSe

Littleberu said:
I don't hate Halo 2, and I don't plan on buying it. So that make me Neutral. IMO. I didn't post my last comment to prove that Killzone will be better than Halo 2, or that Metroid Prime 2 will be. I just posted it because that's what I think about the present situation. That's it.

You come into every damn Halo thread. Such as the "What are you 3 favorite Halo maps". Which you came in long enough to proclaim something like..

"OMG, this game is so over-rated!"

That's great. You have the right to your opinion, but it's not necessary to come into every Halo (based) thread.

Also, speaking of the PC version, I bought it last week thinking it would be fun to play through SP in higher res, etc. WTF, I can't get the graphics to not suck. Vsync smoothed it out, but the resolution always seems awful to me. No matter what I set it too, and the typing for things (such as you just picked up a Plasma Grenade) is GARGANTUAN on my screen.

SyNapSe said:
You come into every damn Halo thread. Such as the "What are you 3 favorite Halo maps". Which you came in long enough to proclaim something like..

"OMG, this game is so over-rated!"

That's great. You have the right to your opinion, but it's not necessary to come into every Halo (based) thread.

No I didn't. Halo 1 is a great game. Ok. So now I hate Halo 1 too? Great. I don't believe in the single player hype of Halo 2, so I MUST hate Halo 1? That's what you're saying?

Sai said something that made me react. I reacted and posted my opinion about all these "features". THAT'S IT. I can't believe I need to justify myself. I would've posted the same exact thing in a Jak 3 thread and everybody would be like : "IAWP, INDEED, You're so right man!!" ,etc... But no, this is FUCKING HALO 2. People are so on the defense when it comes to Halo 2.

BeOnEdge

Banned
Littleberu said:
Because I like games in general, and I know Halo 2 is anticipated a whole damn lot, maybe? I like to keep myself updated, and to have my own opinion on different games. I'll believe that Halo 2 single player will be what's written "behind the box" when I'll see it. That doesn't mean I want the game to fail, because that would be trolling.

ohsnap.gif

ohsnap1.gif

SyNapSe

Littleberu said:
No I didn't. Halo 1 is a great game. Ok. So now I hate Halo 1 too? Great. I don't believe in the single player hype of Halo 2, so I MUST hate Halo 1? That's what you're saying?

Oops, sorry it was Doom_Bringer. My apologies.

Sai said:
* Sai snores...A great deal. Smarter AI, bigger focus on vehicles, more enemies, single player maps will be 5 times the size of Assault on the Control Room, no repetitive enviroments/combat situations...

I was actually wondering about the graphical side, I dont keep up to date with Halo 2 and i'm wondering what its single player aspect will look like on release

Saturnman

Banned
There's a significant difference in graphics between Campaign and Multiplayer mode in Halo 2. That much is evident in all the media released thus far: Stronger lighting and real shadows (on characters) in Campaign mode that are completely missing from MP mode.

Littleberu said:
I didn't say you did. That's PhatSquat, not me. See, you're not making any sense. :p

Spike

Saturnman said:
There's a significant difference in graphics between Campaign and Multiplayer mode in Halo 2. That much is evident in all the media released thus far: Stronger lighting and real shadows (on characters) in Campaign mode that are completely missing from MP mode.

Where can I find pics of campaign mode? I need to see them. Thanks. :)

Saturnman said:

I'm not sure that the shadows are missing in mp. I think they're just very subtle. I know the shadows are on the vehicles, you can see it in those shots. I'm fairly sure I've seen self shadowing in other multiplayer shots on the charachters as well.

Top Bottom