• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

new halo 2 zanzibar pics (from toronto convention)

Sai

Doom_Bringer said:
Halo is overhyped and I like Littleberu :)
Weren't you warned about this in the previous Halo thread you posted in?

Spike said:
Where can I find pics of campaign mode? I need to see them. Thanks. :)
Some recent single player campaign shots here. Click for larger versions:

These are from older builds. So some geometry and textures are obviously not finished here.

SyNapSe

morbidaza said:
It seems that way...

until you put the two next to each other.

I agree, it's clear Halo 2 looks better. IMO, the difference is, it doesn't look ridiculously better. It's 3 years later, and the graphics are definately better, but when Halo was released it eclipsed modern graphics to some extent at the time.

PC's have just blown past that.

GhaleonEB

SyNapSe said:
I agree, it's clear Halo 2 looks better. IMO, the difference is, it doesn't look ridiculously better. It's 3 years later, and the graphics are definately better, but when Halo was released it eclipsed modern graphics to some extent at the time.

PC's have just blown past that.

The one caveat I would add here is that the scale of the battles in Halo 2 are supposed to be much, much greater. It may look good but not scorching now, but when environments are larger, more interactive & destructable and there are many more characters on screen doing more, that may up the ante a bit.

Sai

Also, Bungie's been puttin' in a lot of work for HALO 2's animations. The bump-mapping, dynamic lighting/shadows, and the smooth animations are going to make the first game pale in comparision.

How many animations did the Elite have from one animator again?

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
map.png

GET GOING!

I might as well ask here, but does anyone know if the game has ragdoll death animations?

The first game had a very basic implementation, but for a few moments after you killed a bad guy it still looked kinda weird. I'm hoping this game will have ragdoll.

Sai

I don't remember seeing any death animations since E32k4, actually. Well, 'cept for the one where the SPARTAN slumps down after being torn apart by an SMG. But I've never seen any enemies blown away by Grenades or Rocket Launchers.

HALO 2's physics are a bit more solid than the original's though. And a lot of work is being put into the game's animations. So I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
enemies definitely go flying after explosions, you can see it in the screenshots (and the earth city E3 demo), i think the death animations are fixed again though

Top Bottom