• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Killzone screens

Forsete

From here: http://killzone.ng-gamer.nl/forum/topic.php?id=308&page=1#6
Screenshots taken by Snake NL.

I'll post a few here, I hope he does not mind. :)

06.jpg

07.jpg

16.jpg

18.jpg

22.jpg

Superb.

Genetlemen, staaaart your hatin'!

bleh bleh bleh Killzone is shit bleh bleh bleh look at Shellshock bleh bleh

Anyway, these screens look awesome. Can't wait to try Killzone. Well I can wait with all those games coming this November, but I'll play it anyway.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
We hate on this game because it played poorly at E3. It looks great, no one has said it doesn't. It just controls like shit!

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
Can't say I see anything overly impressive about these screens. Nicely modelled face, I like that the environments have lots of things scattered round so look neither pristine nor bare...that's about it. That's just these screens though, I haven't been following the game.

Falch

Saw it running on tv's yesterday, it really impressed me more than I had expected. I noticed some slowdown though. Other than that, I'm afraid it's going to be just 'another' shooter.

shibbs

Played this today at a dutch gameshow, quite impressive. Great graphics, good controls, awesome weapon animations and i really got the "war" feeling.

shibbs said:
Played this today at a dutch gameshow, quite impressive. Great graphics, good controls, awesome weapon animations and i really got the "war" feeling.

But but but... at E3!!! It sucked at E3!! YOU LIE.

shibbs

Littleberu said:
But but but... at E3!!! It sucked at E3!! YOU LIE.

Well, i didnt think it sucked. From what ive seen this is a great game.
But the overall conclusion might change, this is only a quick impression.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
played a couple single-player levels of killzone over in OPM's area and i am impressed. it's just one long hard-ass firefight after the next with these jin-roh looking muthas who behave much like those marines in half-life 1. very very fun. not as hard as halo on legendary, but if you're not playing tactically, you're gonna get pwned.

plus, the graphics are quite good in motion. the whole head movement reload thing has a real breakdown vibe to it.

can't wait.

chespace said:
played a couple single-player levels of killzone over in OPM's area and i am impressed. it's just one long hard-ass firefight after the next with these jin-roh looking muthas who behave much like those marines in half-life 1. very very fun. not as hard as halo on legendary, but if you're not playing tactically, you're gonna get pwned.

plus, the graphics are quite good in motion. the whole head movement reload thing has a real breakdown vibe to it.

can't wait.

Ok. What's up with the good impressions?

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
chespace said:

can't wait.

Well now...seems like Guerilla listened to the bitching and fixed the game up. Consider me interested yet again.

chespace

i have no doubt that the multiplayer is the same disappointing shit we saw at E3.

but the problem with multiplayer is that there's never any context to the violence, so it feels like just another run-and-gun shooter.

like doom3, half-life, etc., killzone's single-player will make (or possibly break) the game. from my hands-on experience, it's a really tense, duck-and-run-for-the-next-cover-while-you-reload-holy-shit-that-was-a-close-call kind of a shooter. plus the weapons are a lot of fun to use. and the graphics are much better than your usual PS2 fare.

Insertia

the graphics look really good.

maybe the few high scores its' recieved weren't bullshitting? Maybe it's a...great game?

Eurogamer made it sound pretty mediocre.

Take away this one crucial factor and, actually, Killzone doesn't seem all that different, special or exciting. Harsh? Not at all. Yes, the graphics look very presentable in the screenshots, but actually in the 'flesh' don't really have the wow factor you might have been anticipating. It's a very gritty, grainy, dark approach that's by no means unattractive (and in some respects suit the premise), but it won't have your eyes bulging out of your head wondering how they managed to drag such trickery out of the PS2. There's little in the way of lighting effects, very little in terms of physics routines (enemies slump down dead convincingly, panes of glass crack and smash and the odd water cooler gets knocked asunder, but that's about it), texture detail isn't up to a great deal, the outdoor foliage could be better and the frame rate appears to be around the 30 mark. On top of that, so far we've seen just one enemy in the opening three sections of the game over 12 levels - and unless there's a bit more variation, we're slightly concerned as to how the single-player facet of the game will hold our interest.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
I'd like to see two reviews of this game. One from the perspective based on all the hype the game received compared to the actual product and another review based solely on the game's merits and design.

TekunoRobby said:
I'd like to see two reviews of this game. One from the perspective based on all the hype the game received compared to the actual product and another review based solely on the game's merits and design.

You like to dream, don't you?

chespace

well, considering that i work on an xbox mag, the only anything i've gotten from killzone was through the forums or the OPM cover story. that, and what little i played at E3 on the show floor.

anyway, i'm not saying it's GOTY material or anything, but it's just an extremely fun/intense/and good looking shooter on the PS2. especially for those who enjoy the anti-medal of honor.

chespace said:
i have no doubt that the multiplayer is the same disappointing shit we saw at E3.

but the problem with multiplayer is that there's never any context to the violence, so it feels like just another run-and-gun shooter.

like doom3, half-life, etc., killzone's single-player will make (or possibly break) the game. from my hands-on experience, it's a really tense, duck-and-run-for-the-next-cover-while-you-reload-holy-shit-that-was-a-close-call kind of a shooter. plus the weapons are a lot of fun to use. and the graphics are much better than your usual PS2 fare.

wow sounds good

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
segasonic said:
I'm saying: It doesn't look so hot either.

Hey, you never responded in the other thread. I'd like to hear some single player impressions if possible. Also, how is the music? Is there a story here?

I'm not that terribly interested in the game, but it seems that you've finished it already so I'd like to hear your thoughts.

It's no halo 2, but it looks above average for a FPS. Cool character and weapon designs, breakdown-style first person effects, and gritty aptmosphere. Can't wait.

Sysgen

chespace said:

Kill Switch clone, Namco should sue.

Socreges

Banned
chespace said:

can't wait.
Back on the radar it goes.

Top Bottom