• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Naruto Filler Arc will show the Chunin Exam from timeskip

Status
Not open for further replies.
This could be really awesome. I think they will bring back the old music as well from the orginal series as they have done it before with Shippuden Part 1 filler.

In January, Naruto Shippuden will be telling the story of the Chunin Exams that took place during Naruto’s absence from the Hidden Leaf Village. This is the first since the incident with Orochimaru and Gaara, now Kazekage, is looking to make things right. With the help of the Leaf, the Hidden Sand Village will take on the responsibility as host. Unbeknownst to Gaara, Tsunade, and the ninja participating, there is danger on the horizon as an ominous figure approaches from the shadows. What is their objective? We’ll have to find out in the Naruto Shippuden Chunin Exam filler arc. Among the ninja in the arc are Sakura, Hinata, Kiba, Shino, Choji, Neji, Rock Lee, Tenten, and Jinchuriki Fuu.

http://www.saiyanisland.com/2014/12/naruto-shippuden-chunin-exam-arc/

dan2026

\why do they need more filler?

The manga already ended.
Granted the manga itself turned god awful years ago.

ffdgh

...Wouldn't this put them even further behind the manga than they already are? XD

Still it could actually be entertaining to watch.

pants

If they have any input from Kishimoto it could be good.

This is the first time I have been excited for Naruto episode in a while.

Kishimoto hasn't written a good chapter of manga since 2006 and you have hope for filler that's going to have to be even more constrained in-universe wise than regular balls to the walls star village/bounto level filler

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
I don't mind this at all. I miss the manga already, I don't want to lose the show too. ;_;

Kishimoto hasn't written a good chapter of manga since 2006 and you have hope for filler that's going to have to be even more constrained in-universe wise than regular balls to the walls star village/bounto level filler

The Pain and Gokage Summit arcs were all pretty great for me as was The Immortals Arc.
Not to mention the Sasuke and Itachi fight.

The War is shit, no questioning that.

Sigh. I was worried they might pull this shit.

What does the anime need filler now exactly? The manga is over, just get on with it and end this madness until the spin off...

milking-a-cow-J1.gif

Can't wait for some weird half-assed villain and cramming in Shippuden's nonstop rambling about the next generation surpassing the previous one, even though Naruto and Sasuke were the only characters who actually did that.

Okay maybe that was too cynical.

Raxus

With this filler arc, the ending, and the manga after the end they have enough material for 2 more years. REJOICE EVERYONE!

...where is everyone going?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

What does the anime need filler now exactly? The manga is over, just get on with it and end this madness until the spin off...

That's why they're doing filler. They want to make more money. Why end it when you can make "an all-new, must-see Naruto story that you can't find anywhere else?!"

Magwik

Banned
At least the filler is interesting. Instead of doing interesting things in One Piece TOEI just adds 3 minutes of exposition at the start of every episode, stretches out scenes so much it's sad, and every other episode is flashbacks.

The "mysterious figure" will probably be Akatsuki. Fuu was one of the two captured before Gaara, so that's what this will probably focus on.

I do find the fillers where they focus on fleshing out manga backstory more watchable than when they try to do completely original content.

smurfx

get some go again
so how crappy is the shippuden filler? i remember tuning out in part 1 when filler hell started. i would check back in once in a while and then saw this and tuned out for good.

jAzegXjzX98MF.JPG

Nightbird

so how crappy is the shippuden filler? i remember tuning out in part 1 when filler hell started. i would check back in once in a while and then saw this and tuned out for good.

jAzegXjzX98MF.JPG

Don't tell me this is from Naruto. I mean what the fuck, when did that happen?

jAzegXjzX98MF.JPG

There are some pretty bad moments.

The most egregious was when they had random Part 1 filler cut in between the
ending of the Pain Fight and before Naruto went to talk to Nagato

It was really really stupid.

Fj0823

why not post The Last filler after animating the finale??
Naruto and Hinata
being a couple is comedy writing itself if the one shot is anything to go by

Sharpeye

why not post The Last filler after animating the finale??
Naruto and Hinata
being a couple is comedy writing itself if the one shot is anything to go by
I'm sure they will after they are done with the manga material, they just want to delay it ss much ss possible.

Kyuur

I was onboard until 'an ominous figure approaches'. We already had a chuunin exam where the party was crashed. Why not just us see a regular one, they're exciting enough without an extra plotline.

That's why they're doing filler. They want to make more money. Why end it when you can make "an all-new, must-see Naruto story that you can't find anywhere else?!"

Yeah, that's fair enough. I just don't understand why it needs to come in the middle of the final act.

Why not just have a special filler season after the main story ends? It's just annoying, we're finally getting to the really good stuff (Madara laying the beatdown on everyone) and now they decide to move to filler for gods knows how long.

Once you accept that they cannot possibly top the first chunnin exams, there is potential here for a lot of fun. We could get a lot of dream matchups people have always wanted.

They need time to animate the final battle, which by all indication may end up being a feature length/quality ordeal. Without a doubt
Naruto vs. Sasuke
will end up being 4 to 5 episodes long, and they'll probably want to hit the highest quality possible. But of course that takes time. I wouldn't be suprised if we didn't see the anime end until late 2015/early 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom