• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Naruto Filler Arc will show the Chunin Exam from timeskip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once you accept that they cannot possibly top the first chunnin exams, there is potential here for a lot of fun. We could get a lot of dream matchups people have always wanted.
Rock Lee vs. Neji and Sakura vs. Hinata. Let's go. Have a feeling they are all going to fight against shitty filler characters though. Which would suck.

D

Deleted member 102481

Unconfirmed Member
god damn it and this is probably gonna be 3 months long

Majine

Banned
I watched the latest episode of the anime, and... it was actually pretty good. Nice tempo, and they spent 0 time on filler. Wish it always could be like that, but I guess there's a business.

As if the anime is not at glacial pace already, Pierrot decided they need to go glacier, the most dangerous jitsu in this anime is asking anybody a question, instead of answering prepare yourself for a 2 episode long flash back about the question, the most powerful ninja just need to go into the battlefield asking question to everybody and kill while they reminisce for 2 days.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
0e3.png

You know what, the filler about how kakashi joined the anbu was really really good so, maybe they will put that same amount of effort into this. Storm 4 will have better animation for the final fights anyways.

Cool, I've always wondered about this chuunin exam since part 2 started in the manga. I'm definitely not going to watch it, but it still is quite cool.

Epcott

Good fillers:
Kakashi and Obito backstory
Power arc
Hinata sister arc

Bad fillers:
Everything else

I have a bad feeling this new filler will fall into the "Everything else" category.

Percy

Banned
Some of the Naruto filler can be entertaining imo.

I liked that Kakashi arc from earlier in the year for one... if for no other reason than seeing Itachi joining Anbu and introducing himself to the elders of Konoha as being "thirteen years old" with the exact same deep, gruff voice he's always had in the show.

Also, I know it wouldn't happen, but what I'd love to see in the chunin arc is a Neji/Hinata rematch where Hinata beats the shit out of that guy.

GraveHorizon

poop meter feature creep
Oh yeah, the Chunin exams. Remember when those two girl characters fought each other for the love of a guy, and both of them lost? Or when Naruto won with a fart?

Alienous

That's my kind of filler.

The times when the characters are classmates tend to be my favourite moments in any anime.

I'd really enjoy seeing a chuunin exam that actually runs as intended without getting crashed, but it doesn't sound like that's what they're planning.

The problem with the filler is that, even if we get some cool match ups and decent fights, they'll probably stop every two seconds in between blows to have a flashback about how everyone grew up together and how hard they trained and blah blah blah

daveo42

Banned
Filler was the reason why I stopped watching Shippuden and the original series ages ago. I'm glad to see my decision is holding up.

Corgi

Banned
give me fillers of how naruto went from genin to hokage. who cares about the other trash that the mangaka stopped caring about since shippuden.

Averon

Naruto is an international sensation and cash cow. No way they were going to let to end any time soon.

They're going to ilk this shit for years after the manga's end.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
At least this is a cool setting for filler.

Some of us are waiting to see some of the most epic fights in the manga animated, this filler shit is just delaying that.

Have you ever thought that maybe they are buying time so that certain fights will be animated better.....thats what I would like to think. Besides this filler actually sounds interesting.

Oh yeah, the Chunin exams. Remember when those two girl characters fought each other for the love of a guy, and both of them lost? Or when Naruto won with a fart?

Chunin exams arc was freaking amazing. Really liked the clever ways people cheated in the written exams, you has some key character moments in the forest of deaths and 1vs1 match ups after:

1179766691.gif

tumblr_mrvflb7VLT1s2ipuso1_400.gif

Sou Da

Sounds like there's actual potential for an interesting story here. Showing Sakura having to learn to be self reliant, maybe make her the protagonist for this arc? Could be great.

But this is a shounen anime so all it end up being is sum rad tourney fites bruh.

Sesha

What?! Fuu in the Chuunin Exams?! Way back I had the idea of a post-timeskip arc where Naruto entered the Chuunin Exam again and met Fuu. First DmC DE adds shit straight out of my DMC5 wishlist now this? Is the Japanese entertainment industry reading my Google Drive or something? lol
Waiting for that young Jiraiya arc where he meets and trains with Roushi.

Holy fuck if Fuu gets some good fights or character development. Unlikely, but it's more than what Kishimoto ever did. The Hanabi stuff was good, so who knows.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Sounds like there's actual potential for an interesting story here. Showing Sakura having to learn to be self reliant, maybe make her the protagonist for this arc? Could be great.

They'll try to connect things with how the manga ended and the most recent movie and end up making
Hinata (though hopefully we get more Neji also)
the focus.

Corgi

Banned
curious what they can do for this arc.

none of the kids post time skip really got any new moves or anything, so they are pretty limited in how to choreograph the fights.

Fj0823

They'll try to connect things with how the manga ended and the most recent movie and end up making
Hinata (though hopefully we get more Neji also)
the focus.

Well she says thinking about Naruto allowed her to become a Chuunin, this is probably the case

And studio pierrot have a MASSIVE crush on her

Moaradin

Hopefully we'll get some well animated fights at least. They tend to spend their budget on filler a lot of times for some reason.

Mendrox

Hopefully we'll get some well animated fights at least. They tend to spend their budget on filler a lot of times for some reason.

Most of the Shippuuden Fillers had amazing animation and direction. It's just too funny that most of the canon battles got crap animation lol. There was even a Filler where it was Part 1 again and Konohamaru and Naruto where fighting? Looked awesome.

Akai__

Oh boy...

Why are they doing this to me? I just want to watch the Anime without Fillers. :(

Edit: Fillers until April? WAT? :(

Mendrox

Oh boy...

Why are they doing this to me? I just want to watch the Anime without Fillers. :(

Edit: Fillers until April? WAT? :(

Just a possibilty. Maybe till the end of February, leaving 3-4 episodes for March for the current things which are seen in the OP (well Sasuke+Naruto fighting Madara a little bit) then new OP in April and new fillers :cool:

Nudull

Banned
This is the anime equivalent of rappers making sequels to their best albums, banking solely on nostalgia.

Sesha

Watching this episode was like following a better version of Naruto that cares about continuity and worldbuilding. I'm actually interested in what's going on. This is exactly how I wanted the manga to develop after the timeskip. Too bad nothing will ultimately matter because of nothing is canon, in the end. And I guess this is their explanation for how Fuu got captured, which is going to be frustrating to watch. The episode also has some plotholes/inconsistencies from that carries over from the manga:
Tsunade's mystery intel from Jiraiya about what Akatsuki is planning. They should just outright confirm that Itachi was leaking info to Jiraiya about their activities. Also they have no intel whatsoever about what other Jinchuuriki exist or which villages they belong to. Which was something I disliked about the manga. Despite the Jinchuuriki being one of the most important aspects of the Naruto world and the overall plot, there was nothing shown or done regarding the Jinchuuriki whatsoever. Naruto crying about Sasuke when the Jinchuuriki got offed one after another was frustrating to read and just bad writing, plain and simple, especially after a whole arc where he supposedly cared about Gaara since he was a jinchuuriki.
Oh well, it's not like the manga being shit is something new.

Corgi

Banned

they also have more freedom. Adapting manga panels to animation is not elegant.

The best animated fight choreography in manga adaption anime typically are completely original stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom