• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NEW Oddworld 4: Stranger screens!

NICE!

24396.jpg

24397.jpg

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
TheGreenGiant said:
is it me but this ISN'T ODDWORLD. Its looking very much like a generic european game.

(of course its only 2 screens).

First Screen = Yes
Second Screen = No

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
ImNotLikeThem said:
does every game now have to have a first person (or sometimes only third...) shooting mode to be considered for good sales?

OBVIOUSLY not.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
WTF, THIS is Oddworld 4?? I thought it was some new, crazy game with animals set in the Wild West when I first saw the pics. Seriously. Goes to show how much Oddworld I see in this game. :p

aku:jiki

JC10001 said:
This is the 4th Oddworld game but it's actually Oddworld 3, not 4. Abe's Exodus was a side story.
Wasn't Munch supposed to have a side story as well, according to their big 10-game plan or whatever? Guess not. :(

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
aku:jiki said:
Wasn't Munch supposed to have a side story as well, according to their big 10-game plan or whatever? Guess not. :(

Yes. It was supposed to go Oddysee then Exodus for every charachter, and by the last game you would be switching between 5 different charachters. They completely did away with this plan (at least temporarily) in order to make this game.. Lorne wanted to try something different since Munch's Oddysee got alot of negative reaction.

There is no Munch or Abe in this game.. however to me it still looks alot like an Oddworld game in the charachter design.

aku:jiki

StoOgE said:
There is no Munch or Abe in this game.. however to me it still looks alot like an Oddworld game in the charachter design.
I agree, at least so far.

Any word on whether this game will feature FMV cutscenes or not? The industry moves away from it more and more, and for good reason, but I've always found the fantastic FMV's to be OI's best asset. (Perhaps they're not the best-looking, but they look great and are both cute and funny. Why, it was my paw!)

Edit: Wait, no Abe? That can't mean no mudokons at all, right? They rock. :(

Top Bottom