• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Okami Screens from CLOVER

olimario

Banned
Check it out, friends.
02.jpg
03.jpg
04.jpg
05.jpg

aoi tsuki

Sadly, it'll look nasty in progressive scan, unless you like the sharp aliased look.

But gawd... those screens are sex... Angelina Jolie sex.

belgurdo

Banned
Jacobi said:
I'm really curious to see how it'll look like actually

This reminds me...I wonder if this game will be as good as it looks, or if it'll be like most "awesome/quirky art" games and just use the visuals to mask shit or uninspired gameplay...

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
If they only removed that stupid photoshop texture filter, I would consider this the most artsy game ever.

Culex

Banned
Kiriku said:
If they only removed that stupid photoshop texture filter, I would consider this the most artsy game ever.

It adds to the drawn on canvas feel to it. Wouldn't look right at all without it, judging by the eastern style art.

belgurdo

Banned
Kiriku said:

It's supposed to be there because the game is "drawn" on "rice paper." It'd look horrible/too smooth otherwise

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
belgurdo said:
It's supposed to be there because the game is "drawn" on "rice paper." It'd look horrible/too smooth otherwise

I don't think it would look horrible at all, more like a "flat" version of Viewtiful Joe. I don't think it contributes any particular eastern or rice paper feeling. If they at least would tone it down or something...

Koshiro

Some screens look jaw-droppingly awesome, some look too black and Viewtiful Joe-ish. Hopefully we'll get far more of the former in the game itself.

pcostabel

Gold Member
I like the rice paper filter. It is an important element of the overall look.
I wonder if this style will appeal casual gamers, though. I see another Ico in the making, i.e. a great game that will sell poorly... :(

nitewulf

w/o the paper filter it wouldnt look right. this is probably the most artsy game i have ever seen, it looks brilliant. personally i think the gameplay would be standard action/adventure fare, which would be fine.

Ill Saint

Looks wonderful. It's great to see companies really pushing unique aesthetics in video games like this.

Can't wait to see this one in motion.

Top Bottom