• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Ps2 Holiday 2004 Demo Disk arrived in the mail today.

Tortfeasor

Sorry if old... I did search :D

Anyways, it is a booklet with a $5 off Best Buy coupon for any PS2 game $29.99 and up and a disk with the following demos:

Ratchet and Clank: UYA
Jak 3
ATV Offroad 3
Star Wars Battlefront
Act Combat 5
Crash Twinsanity
Tak 2
The Incredibles
Viewtiful Joe 2
Spyro: A Hero's Tale

I played Jak and VJ2. Jak's intro was pretty nice... You can actually see the hairs on Daxter. You can play 3 different levels, one is a dune buggy combat, one is platform and I didn't try the other since the platforming bit frustrated me so much I exited. The platforming section was very "gun" heavy and the gun is a pain to use.

VJ2 was great. You play trhough the first level in the game and stop at the boss. You can play as joe or silvia. You get to use the slow and fast powers. Also, there is a VJ2 gallery included in the demo. The game had some really buggy textures that kept popping in and out of existance. I would guess this is from a very early build ported right from the dev station w/o any optimizations.

I will check out Ace Combat and then I am done with it. If anyone wants it and is willing to cover the postage via pay pal (Maybe $2? I keep the coupon though!) I will be happy to send it to you... Just PM me.

Vlad

What do you have to do to get these in the mail? Are they related to subscribing to some magazine or something?

Tortfeasor

I have no idea why I got this... It is an official Sony thing yet I do not not subscribe to the official Sony magazine. You can try siging up for an underground account by registering on their web site or by sending in a game regestration for a 1st party game (neither of which I did). So, basically I have no idea why I got it... :)

Vlad

Tortfeasor said:
I have no idea why I got this... It is an official Sony thing yet I do not not subscribe to the official Sony magazine. You can try siging up for an underground account by registering on their web site or by sending in a game regestration for a 1st party game (neither of which I did). So, basically I have no idea why I got it... :)

Well, I did sign up for their "underground" thing when I got my PS2 last year, if only to get the free issue of their magazine that included a demo disc (it was a pretty disappointing set of demos, though...).

Now that I remember it, I seem to remember getting another random disc in the mail a few months ago that had stuff like Need for Speed Underground and some boxing game on it... Of course, I wasn't overly impressed with anything on that disc either...

Hopefully I'm slated to get the one you mentioned, as that one actually looks like it'll have good stuff on it for a change...

Top Bottom