• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New PSP/DS game at TGS from Rez-maker Mizuguchi

Jacobi

Banned
TGS: Neues Spiel von Tetsuya Mizuguchi (Rez)

13.09.04 - Der ehemalige Sega-Mitarbeiter Tetsuya Mizuguchi plant auf der Tokyo Game Show eine Ankündigung hinsichtlich seines neuen Projekts zu machen. Das gibt der Entwickler von Space Channel 5 und Rez in seinem Weblog bekannt.

source : gamefront

He'll make an announcement of his new project. It'll be either PSP or DS

BuddyC

Is this...what I think it is?

The spiritual sequel to Rez he hinted at in a Gamespot interview.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
It's gonna be at TGS? Woo!

In the Gamespot interview, he said that this would be 'Rez 2" to him

Justin Bailey

------ ------
Translation:

TGS: New play of Tetsuya Mizuguchi (Rez) 13.09.04 - The former Sega coworker Tetsuya Mizuguchi plans to make an announcement on the Tokyo Game Show regarding his new project. That communicates the developer of space Channel 5 and Rez in its Web log.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
I don't think so, it was always either or.

I'm guessing PSP, just because of it's superior music capabilities (and storage soze for said music). I suppose he might really want to use some of the DS features, but I'm thinking the music is more important to him.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Mama Smurf said:
I don't think so, it was always either or.

I'm guessing PSP, just because of it's superior music capabilities (and storage soze for said music). I suppose he might really want to use some of the DS features, but I'm thinking the music is more important to him.

Yea, especially with the custom soundtrack potential on the PSP.

neptunes

Justin Bailey said:
Translation: TGS: New play of Tetsuya Mizuguchi (Rez) 13.09.04 - The former Sega coworker Tetsuya Mizuguchi plans to make an announcement on the Tokyo Game Show regarding his new project. That communicates the developer of space Channel 5 and Rez in its Web log.

wait a sec..it doesn't even give the impression that it's comming out on a handheld.

but then again he did say he was interested in developing for the ds or PsP.

We'll just have to wait and see. :)

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
Animation3.gif

"COME ON PSP! LET'S SEE SOME PSP! NO DS, NO DS, NO DS!"

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Going back to the Gamespot interview again...he stated that he's making a handheld game for either PSP or NDS. It'll be interesting if it's suddenly for consoles

Justin Bailey

------ ------
neptunes said:
wait a sec..it doesn't even give the impression that it's comming out on a handheld.

but then again he did say he was interested in developing for the ds or PsP.

We'll just have to wait and see. :)
Yeah, it's probably just the topic creator making a speculation.

neptunes

tetsuya.bmp

???

what was the name of that unique ps2 game made by UGA IIRC. (Not rez!)

it was often labled as a flash game.

It had to do with images and sound.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
heavy liquid said:
Dammit. First Wanda and now this...

It's going to be a long wait for September 24th.

TGS now has a creativity overload. There will be no mainstream gamers left standing.

BuddyC

Shoryuken said:
Oh I would love to see this game go exclusive to the DS. The forum reaction alone would be well worth it.
I'd like to see him do a different game on each system.

The a/v whore in me wants to see him make a game for the PSP, but the gamer in me is really intrigued by what he could do with the DS.

I mean, gameplay-wise the PSP is really no different than the PS2, but the DS...

WarPig

Uhm, not to rain on anyone's parade, but I'm looking at Mizuguchi's blog, and I'm not seeing anything about this there. He says he's going to TGS, but I don't think he's actually saying he's showing anything there...

DFS.

Is anyone else hoping that if the game is anything like Rez, it comes to consoles instead of handhelds (or both)? No matter how nice the PSP or DS's screens are, the visual impact of the game will still be diminished by appearing on a tiny handheld screen instead of a TV.

GDGF

Soothsayer
If there is a game to show, I'm betting on the NDS. It's been putting developers in rapture like it's the second coming of Christ or something. I wouldn't be surprised if someone else from UGA or Nintendo themselves got him hooked :)

brandonnn

BEAUTY&SEXY
neptunes said:
I wonder what happened to this game and how much was tetsuya involved?

It was released in March, was a welcome but ultimately failed experiment from a consumer standpoint, and Mizuguchi's involvement was limited to that of the MC of a press conference/exhibition/whatever you want to call it before the game was released.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
being the massive underworld whore that i am, i'd buy it if i could find it (wordsimageplay)

boutrosinit said:
Hey it's fatman Jake!

(He designed Ula La and some concept art in Rez. He also likes to eat a lot)

I didn't know that. :swoons: at fatman Jake. Does he have a website? UGA were the coolest game dev house bar non.

GODS!!!!

Lost Weekend said:
I always thought Ula La was based off of 'real life anime girl' Apollo Smile.

There's different stories on who she's based on. Alot of people think it's Apollo Smile. Others think it's Lady Miss Kier from Dee-lite...Apparently so did she and tried to sue Sega a year ago over it.

boutrosinit

Street Fighter IV World Champion
DCharlie said:
erm .... "fatman" Jake??

Yeah dude. He's put on some lard since relocating to the U.S. Grampa, Jevons and myself have great joy in ribbing him about it. :D

Feel free to join in!

Top Bottom