• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New San Andreas preview/screens (it's robbin' time)

Redbeard

Banned
Preview at Gamespot.

914983_20040813_screen001.jpg
914983_20040813_screen002.jpg
914983_20040813_screen003.jpg
914983_20040813_screen004.jpg

ourumov

This game is the greatest parody ever made over a whole country and the best of everything is that everybody loves it.

I have seen so many times this scene:

914983_20040813_screen004.jpg

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Fleming said:
Sum of all stereotypes
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
I just laughed so loud my coworkers are all looking at me wondering what's going on. I thought the hallway pic looked like a Ubisoft Tom Clancy title...very witty, Fleming. :D

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
What? Link! They better not be following down the crap-encrusted road blazed by Driv3r...lots of pedestrians to take out in amusing ways, please!

bishoptl said:
What? Link! They better not be following down the crap-encrusted road blazed by Driv3r...lots of pedestrians to take out in amusing ways, please!

It's bullshit, no one has played the game yet. Not even the press.

Dekajelly

Its bull… here is what Dan Houser said in his interview with the Official PS2 magazine in the UK.

“We’re really trying to give the cities more life. Every pedestrian now has a brain. They’ve got much more refined AI. They’ve got a lot more unique animations depending on what the pedestrian type is and what activities they do. So not only will you see a lot more pedestrians, but they’ll do a lot more shit. So the guys you see in the ghetto and the guys you see in the countryside are going to both act and look different. It gives it more life than it ever used to have. We’ve done much more research on the characters, like we now go and do fashion shoots to make sure all the period costumes are right. The characters now have more bones, so we get proper facial animations and stuff.”

I can't wait for the game; those shots look great plus with rag doll physics featuring maybe you can have yourself a game of car basketball. The objective of the game being - to bounce people off your car bonnet into the hoop... ah the possibilities. :D

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
bishoptl said:

The guy who posted that is the same one who started the thread bashing the game...

I shut him down last time with early VC screens which showed very few people present in any of the scenes. He is making all of that up.

Mason

Daaaamnnn.... this shit looks tight son! Can't wait to grizab my copy!

Sorry, I'm practicing for the game.

bogg

Oh yeah. Sombody pisses you off, boom a shotgun to the head. That's wicked :)
I hope they do some really cool things with the rampage missions . I love those :)

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Ohhh...he's stealing the TV! I'm looking at that picture and just couldn't understand why there was a 50 foot TV across the street in front of some house.

AlphaSnake said:
Ohhh...he's stealing the TV! I'm looking at that picture and just couldn't understand why there was a 50 foot TV across the street in front of some house.

LMAO

God, the tourture!!! I NEED this game now :(

~Black Deatha

andthebeatgoeson

grand-theft-auto-san-andreas-20040813102502384.jpg

This game is beggin for a few Tupac tracks.

A born leader
Never leave the block
without my heater
Two big pitts
I call them Mobb Bitch
N***a eaters
And I won't whimper till I'm gone
Thug Life
Running through my vains
So I'm strong
rock.gif

GOTY!!! Halo 2 doesn't stand a chance.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Kinda wish they would leave stealth out of this game...although I didn't get a chance to play Manhunt, but it sounds like the robbery missions are gonna be similiar to Manhunt's setup

Wario64 said:
Kinda wish they would leave stealth out of this game...although I didn't get a chance to play Manhunt, but it sounds like the robbery missions are gonna be similiar to Manhunt's setup

I doubt it'll play like Manhunts setup. What annoyed people about Manhunt was the trial and error nature of it. With this it sounds more like if you get caught will sneaking in you'll need to stop them from getting to a photo, if you don't then it's time to get out of there as fast as you can. Then just go do another mission. It doesn't sound like it could get annoying.

Ranger X

Just watch the from everywhere "we wanna sue Rockstar for X".
And where are you black people with the "this game is giving us a bad image" rant?

GTASA rocks, can't wait to play it. (even if i will have this bizarre kinda wrong feel when i'll be stealing shit like in the pictures)

evil ways

Wario64 said:

If that's the case then it won't be forced stealth, like for example you probably won't fail the mission if you're discovered or alert someone, just that you'll have to shoot the home owner, loot quickly and drive out before the cops arrive.

In Manhunt(aside from the level where your family members get killed if you are spotted by enemies), you can go either way, by stealth or by shooting everything in sight.

Musashi Wins! said:
lol, this game is going to cause a huge uproar (again). I can't wait to play it.

Makes you wonder when the media will figure out that all they're doing is making the game sell even more by giving it all that coverage. I'm sure Rockstar is fine with it though, free marketing to go along wiht what they'll do.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
skinnyrattler said:
This game is beggin for a few Tupac tracks.

I'm almost positive I saw a small list somewhere that did have a Tupac track or two on it... can't remember where I saw that though...

MaddenNFL64

SolidSnakex said:
Makes you wonder when the media will figure out that all they're doing is making the game sell even more by giving it all that coverage. I'm sure Rockstar is fine with it though, free marketing to go along wiht what they'll do.

I'm a little worried some politically correct liberal jackass, or some right wing, family values douche politician will start some shit that ends up real bad for us.

But if all that happens is some law stopping minors from purchasing M rated games, i'm all for that. Of course that won't stop them from just sending in their parents, or some guy trying to be hip with the kids, to go in & buy it for them :\.

evil ways

Of course that won't stop them from just sending in their parents

That would literally be the best case scenario in favor of game companies, to show how irresponsible parents are and how they are willing to buy their kids anything in order to get them to shut up.

I'm all up for stronger ratings enforcements but to tell you the thruth is not completely for moral issues, but instead so that there are no excuses or fingers being pointed the way of game companies, when a tragedy occurs.

kevm3

Most anticipated game of the 128 bit generation for me :O... I'm going to keep myself away from any more pics because I'm spoiling some of the amazing things I woulda found out if I just waited for the game.

eso76

AlphaSnake said:
I'm looking at that picture and just couldn't understand why there was a 50 foot TV across the street in front of some house.

I've been thinking exactly the same thing until someone wrote he was stealing a tv, and even then it took me a while to figure out...
I was seeing some strange drive-in...

Top Bottom