• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Stop Motion Film By Tim Burton!!11

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattx5

corpsebride.jpg

http://www.joblo.com/index.php?id=4654

Scheduled for release on Halloween of 2005 (duh!), Tim Burton's latest macabre participation in a stop-motion animation feature entitled CORPSE BRIDE just moved itself past BATMAN BEGINS as my most anticipated film of next year with the addition of one Jonathan Depp (aka Johnny) as the lead voice in the film to be co-directed and produced by Burton, who also created a similar movie back in 1993 (one of my favorite films of all-time) called THE NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS. The rest of the cast of voices would include Helena Bonham Carter, Emily Watson, Albert Finney, Joanna Lumley, Christopher Lee, while music composer Danny Elfman would return as the man behind the music.

The screenplay is co-written by Caroline Thompson, who penned both EDWARD SCISSORHANDS and THE NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS. What's the film about? Set in a 19th-century European village, Victor (Depp) travels to the underworld for a quickie wedding to a mysterious corpse bride (Bonham Carter) while his living wife (Watson) pines for his return. Did I mention...I'm there! The film would be Depp's second movie project with his frequent collaborator Burton next year, as the two are already set to film CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY together as well (tentative release date on that: July 2005)

w00t!

Bregor

The last time I watched The Nightmare Before Christmas, I found myself wondering whether anyone would bother to make another stop motion film today given the current dominance of CG in animation. Apparently the answer is yes. While I like a lot of the computer animated films that have been made (especially Pixar's), it's nice to see that other forms of animation are not dead.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
please be another kickass musical please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please

ehh this has like been know for weeks now, so its nothing new.

But i am looking forvard for this film, Tim Burton and his stop motion movies rule.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
Henry Selick's adaptation of Neil Gaiman's Coraline is on the horizon too, I'm really excited about that one.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
heavy liquid said:
It doesn't say if Henry Selick involved with this. I hope he is.

Nope, not at all. Mike Johnson is directing this one. He was an animator on Nightmare Before Christmas and James and the Giant Peach. Apparently he also directed The PJs.

People give Burton far too much credit for Nightmare though. Straight from Selick's mouth: "I don't want to take away from Tim, but he was not here in San Francisco when we made it. He came up five times over two years, and spent no more than eight or ten days here in total." Fact is, Burton was off filming other movies while Nightmare was being made. I feel bad for guys like Selick who put in tons of hard work and most people don't even realize Burton wasn't the director.

Anywho, next year should be good for stop-motion animation, what with The Corpse Bride and the Wallace & Gromit movie.

Bregor

Dan said:
Nope, not at all. Mike Johnson is directing this one. He was an animator on Nightmare Before Christmas and James and the Giant Peach. Apparently he also directed The PJs.

People give Burton far too much credit for Nightmare though. Straight from Selick's mouth: "I don't want to take away from Tim, but he was not here in San Francisco when we made it. He came up five times over two years, and spent no more than eight or ten days here in total." Fact is, Burton was off filming other movies while Nightmare was being made. I feel bad for guys like Selick who put in tons of hard work and most people don't even realize Burton wasn't the director.

Anywho, next year should be good for stop-motion animation, what with The Corpse Bride and the Wallace & Gromit movie.

The script was by Burton, and I'm sure he had input in all of the character / set designs.

Dan said:

Well put. Burton came up with the story and character designs for Nightmare. That's it. While I love Burton's films, I don't consider Nightmare a "true" Tim Burton film. I split most of the credit for the film's greatness between Henry Selick and Danny Elfman. Maybe even more placed upon Elfman, because if the music and songs had turned out bad or cheesy, they could have potentially dragged the film way down. But they instead turned out to be masterpieces.

Some of Elfman's best work was on NMBC, so I'm looking forward to his role in this film. Of course, it seems highly unlikely that he'll be doing any singing, but oh well. I personally do hope this is a musical lol.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Bregor said:
The script was by Burton, and I'm sure he had input in all of the character / set designs.
At most he has story credit on some his films, and yes he managed to get character credit as well for Nightmare. He hasn't written any scripts except for a couple of his short films from the early 80s. He doesn't even have story credit on the last six films he directed.

mattx5 said:
corpsebride.jpg

http://www.joblo.com/index.php?id=4654

Scheduled for release on Halloween of 2005 (duh!), Tim Burton's latest macabre participation in a stop-motion animation feature entitled CORPSE BRIDE just moved itself past BATMAN BEGINS as my most anticipated film of next year with the addition of one Jonathan Depp (aka Johnny) as the lead voice in the film to be co-directed and produced by Burton, who also created a similar movie back in 1993 (one of my favorite films of all-time) called THE NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS. The rest of the cast of voices would include Helena Bonham Carter, Emily Watson, Albert Finney, Joanna Lumley, Christopher Lee, while music composer Danny Elfman would return as the man behind the music.

The screenplay is co-written by Caroline Thompson, who penned both EDWARD SCISSORHANDS and THE NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS. What's the film about? Set in a 19th-century European village, Victor (Depp) travels to the underworld for a quickie wedding to a mysterious corpse bride (Bonham Carter) while his living wife (Watson) pines for his return. Did I mention...I'm there! The film would be Depp's second movie project with his frequent collaborator Burton next year, as the two are already set to film CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY together as well (tentative release date on that: July 2005)

w00t!
HOLY FUCKING SHIT

i...

HOLY FUCKING SHIT

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Hmm, I've known about this since January or something. Strange, 'cause when I found out about it on the net I thought it was already finished, and just a short movie at that. :|

Maybe I'm confusing it with another Tim Burton movie? I don't think so though...

EDIT: I missed the little sentence saying that Danny Elfman is making the soundtrack. :O
My most anticipated movie as of now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom