• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Super PLAY scores

Solid

Swedish magazine.

cover.jpg

Halo 2: 9 / 9 / 10
Killzone: 8 / 9
GTA:SA: 9 / 9
The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap: 7 / 8
Need for Speed: Underground 2: 8 / 6
Ratchet & Clank 3: 8 / 7
Paper Mario 2: 7
Tales of Symphonia: 7
Metal Slug 3: 8
Mario vs Donkey kong: 7
Sly 2: 6
Rollercoaster Tycoon 3: 4
Leisure Suit Larry: Magna Cum Laude: 4

Koshiro

Paper Mario 2: 7
Tales of Symphonia: 7
The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap: 7 / 8
I'm sensing a link here, I'm certain of it. Hold on... it's on the tip of my tongue... wait....hmmm...

SantaC

Their score of Zelda MC is shit. Minish Cap is a 9 game at worst. I am really interested what they gave OoS and OoA if someone can dig up it, because MC is so much better than those games.

And mario and donkey kong == Zelda, ToS and PM2? :lol

plz, Mario and Donkey kong was crap.

SantaC

Deepthroat said:
Santa: IIRC they got a 9.

Thanks. Wow then they are on some weird drugs. Minish cap got great graphics (for GBA)and a fantastic musical score. On top of that the gameplay is alot better than OoS and OoA. I don't know what their complaints are.

Drinky Crow said:
Looks like the mag gives REALISTIC, properly considered scores instead of endlessly playing in the 80% range.

I actually spit out my drink when I read that. Drinky Crow giving praise to Gamefan?!?! OMFG!!!!! The sky is falling! Cats and dogs are having sex with each other!

BTW, Tales of Symphonia got a 7? Shocking. I thought they jizzed all over any cute looking Japanese RPG regardless of what it is.

brandonnn

BEAUTY&SEXY
FortNinety said:
I actually spit out my drink when I read that. Drinky Crow giving praise to Gamefan?!?! OMFG!!!!! The sky is falling! Cats and dogs are having sex with each other!

BTW, Tales of Symphonia got a 7? Shocking. I thought they jizzed all over any cute looking Japanese RPG regardless of what it is.

Nono, all is still right with the world -- this is SUPER Play, not Play.

Super Play = Swedish.

Brosa

mumu said:
I never heard of that magazine before.

It's swedish. It has been on the market since 1993 (Started out as "Super Power") and still has the same Editor in Chief since issue 1 which must be some kind of record in this industry...

u_neek

22.jpg

Here's the scores from Danish GameReactor #55

Killzone 9/10
Metal Slug 3 7/10
Halo 2 10/10
PoP:WW 8/10
Crash Twinsanity 6/10
Medal of Honor: PA 7/10
Sega Superstars 6/10
Jak 3 9/10
The Urbz 6/10
GTA:SA 9/10
Tribes Vengeance 8/10
Leise Suit Larry: MCL 6/10
X-Men Legends 8/10
PES4 9/10
Football Manager 2005 7/10
Ghost Recon 2 8/10
LOTR: The Third Age 5/10
R&C: Up Your Arsenal 9/10
THUG2 7/10
The Getaway: Black Monday 4/10
KFU: The Crusaders 7/10
DBZ Budokai 3 7/10
Tt 2 6/10
Driven To Destruction 5/10
King of Fighters 2000/2001 7/10
FlatOut 7/10
EyeToy: Play 2 6/10
Xpand Rally 8/10
Knights of Honor 6/10
U-Move Super Sports 3/10
Paper Mario 2 8/10

B E N K E

That's the Swedish cover for GR... I won't post the scores, go pick up the magazine before it's too late. :D

I can say however, that FM2005 didn't receive that score in our magazine. Crazy danes! :lol

B E N K E

I'm sure the world exclusive is a review, more like an interview or some such. Or maybe it's the color. I think Super Play is the only games magazine in the world that regularly runs brown covers.

Brosa

B E N K E said:
Or maybe it's the color. I think Super Play is the only games magazine in the world that regularly runs brown covers.

:lol :lol :lol

Yeah, the magazine YOU write for has a very colorful cover compared to theirs...:

cover.jpg
22.jpg

But for me, the look of Helghasts beats Chief Plastic Fantastic any day of the week.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Super PLAY are experts at choosing the worst possible background colors for their covers. I will never forget "slimy Xbox" green and "burn your eyeballs out" pink.

Midas

Kiriku said:
Super PLAY are experts at choosing the worst possible background colors for their covers. I will never forget "slimy Xbox" green and "burn your eyeballs out" pink.

Hehe, the pink one with the girl from Killer Instinct?

And as B E N K E say, it's not the review that's "world exclusive", it's something else.

Top Bottom