• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New TINTIN Movie....Spielberg Directing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stryder

Oh god, this seems a bit of a gamble don't you think, given how great the books were?

edit : from the article
Fanny Rodwell and her husband Nick Rodwell are, as most Tintin fans already know, responsible for the Hergé Foundation - who get final say on all things Tintin. Spielberg has now gotten the green light from the Foundation to go ahead with the movies.
Sounds like it meets their expectations, I look forward to it

Doth Togo

The books were some of the best stories/comics ever. Spielberg does have the capability to do it right, if he does it very carefully.

My plan is to just ignore all press/commentary until it comes out and go see it for myself.
I don't know how I'd feel about seeing it live action. Tobey McGuire might....might pull it off. A thin John Rhys Davies as Haddock would own.

Doth Togo

Rowan Atkinson as Calculus?
Harvey Fierstein as The Thompson Twins (lol)?
John Rhys Davies as Haddock (dead on Haddock, IMO)?

Trevelyon

Doth Togo said:
Rowan Atkinson as Calculus?
Harvey Fierstein as The Thompson Twins (lol)?

I always thought Hale & Pace would be the perfect Thompson and Thomson.

imagehp.jpg

and if John Hurt was a little a more daffier, he could be a great Calculus. He pulled off a great Prof. Bruttenholm in Hellboy, so why not.

arter_2

man Spielberg is really going crazy with making movies lately he has like 5 coming out in the next year

Malakhov

Banned
Mashing said:
TINTIN... isn't that about a dog or something? Fill me in
Tintin was a comic, the main character (Tintin) was a young reporter and he'd get into these really crazy adventures.

He did have a dog though, Milou :)

(Milou had a different name in the english version though wich I don't remember, always read the french ones, was it Snowy or something?)

Meier

I think this is a mistake on the person's part -- Spielberg has been attached to PRODUCE this but I'm not sure I believe this news that he will direct it.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Semjaza Azazel said:
I think you're thinking of Rin Tin Tin K9 Cop. It was some TV show about a german shepard K9 unit or some nonsense lol.

There was also that Tintin cartoon on nickleodeon wasn't there?

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
I know TinTin and got the comic book back in Taiwan. The series is REALLY famous world-wide. I only have the Project Moon and Exploration of Moon albums though. Those two albums are GREAT.

The Tin Tin comics were great. I've still got a heap of them from when I was a kid. I'm not too keen on Spielberg but I think his directing style would compliment the Tin Tin stories.

Jesiatha

Awesome....the books were some of my favorites growing up. I suppose I had better not get my hopes up though (I'd rather be pleasantly surprised than let down :))

Great King Bowser

Property of Kaz Harai
I loved TinTin when I was a wee lass, hopefully Spielberg and all of those involved can recreate the charm of the comics. The animated series was cool as well, there's reruns here every now and then, the theme tune actually makes me feel sad. Brings back too many happier memories from my childhood which wasn't even that long ago.

I need to go out and buy the DVD box set that I saw a couple of months ago.

Shinobi

Doth Togo said:
I just heard that it will be CGI in the same fashion as Shrek.

How about 'dem apples....?

I'd take that over live action...never really cared for his Flintstones movies.

I loved the comics...read them when I was growing up in England, with a bit of Asterisk thrown in (never read those enough). The animated series was fantastic as well. I'd love to get the DVD box set, and if nothing else a Speilberg-produced Tintin movie would likely get the set released over here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom