• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Tomb Raider to be shown early 2005

http://www.gamefront.de

Tomb Raider exposure at the beginning of of 2005

03.09.04 - Eidos confirmed European Games network ' and ' Game of star Live ' on the fairs taking place in England ' to present the newest TombRaider episode at the beginning of of 2005. The play is with Crystal Dynamics in development and is to be demonstrated also on the E3 2005 in May.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Hopefully it turns out to be a solid game...

Sadly, I have a feeling it will look much worse than the last game.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
dark10x said:
Hopefully it turns out to be a solid game...

Sadly, I have a feeling it will look much worse than the last game.

Hey Crystal Dynamics is doing this one... so it could be a whole new ballgame.

dark10x

DarienA said:
Hey Crystal Dynamics is doing this one... so it could be a whole new ballgame.

Yeah, I think they could really fix it up here. CD hasn't made a game this gen that can visually stand up to AoD, though...but if the game plays a lot better (new controls please), I can forgive that.

crystal dynamics? I hated Gex. Did they do the initial Kain games?

:|

I know the installed base factor is too big to miss but PLEASE... on a next gen console!

DarienA

TheGreenGiant said:
crystal dynamics? I hated Gex. Did they do the initial Kain games?

:|

I know the installed base factor is too big to miss but PLEASE... on a next gen console!

Crystal Dynamics has done all the Kain games this and last generation. Defiance may not look as good as something like AOD... but IMO the game controlled VERY well.

They've probably got 1 more shot to get this completely right before people just write off the series completely. Midway managed to saved MK from falling completely off the radio after several mess ups, so they need to make sure they get this one right (even though I enjoyed AoD).

DarienA

wazoo said:
Not the first one.

CD was even involved in Blood Omen, even though Silicon Knights did most of the legwork. But I don't want to open up that can of worms....

dark10x

wazoo said:
Not the first one.

They published it, though...or at least were involved to a degree. SK handled development of the first game, though. Shame we couldn't get a remake or something, as you'd be hard pressed to find a game in worse technical condition (it's even worse than Sonic Adventure).

madara

HUH? This is for Xenon then huh? Surely after oversaturation and dismalness of last few efforts they are taking there time and making it on the next gen system.

Gribbix

madara said:
HUH? This is for Xenon then huh? Surely after oversaturation and dismalness of last few efforts they are taking there time and making it on the next gen system.

Doubtful. The game is due for a June 2005 release. Surely there will be a next-gen iteration of TR, but this isn't it.

Ranger X

I HOPE Crystal Dynamic is up to the job of reviving to glory this death series.
But the is that they didn't even made me ONE good game since Soul Reaver...

This is a PS2 game which is fine if you've played AoD, which is a very nice looking game despite the gameplay flaws. I don't think this one will actually run on the AoD engine though, probably a modified Soul Reaver engine or a new one completely.

Alot of TR fans have been requesting it to go back completely to tombs, so that'll likely be what happens with this one. No city exploration or anything.

Ranger X

If the game can give me back the great exploration feel of the 2 first titles back then AND gimme controls ala Sands of Time.... Tomb Raider would make a great comeback for me.

Ranger X

AOD was has shitty as Core is. I can't believe they've never been able to evolve this fucking game. It's so easy...

Top Bottom