• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New XboxM demo disc

Pachinko

Anyone else pick up or receive this issue yet ? I saw it today and grabbed it up.

Playable demos- Def Jam 2, Silent hill 4, Blinx 2, Second Sight, Coling mcrae 2005 and Galleon.

Features- 4 excerpts about the making of sudeki, tony hawk 6-LOTR 3rd age- brothers in arms behind the scenes stuff

Videos- Halo 2 (theatrical trailor), Goldeneye rogue agent, doom 3 , mortal kombat 6, tron 2, fight club

It was a pretty good disc I thought.

The magazine -
Reviews:
Burnout 3 - 9.3
Catwomen - 4.3
ESPN hockey - 8.7
guiltly gear 2- 8.9
nhl 2005- 8.5
pro fishing challenge - 6.8 (!?!?!)
silent hill 4 - 8.0
sudeki- 6.5
street racing sydicate - 7.7
ultra bust a move - 8.8
Shellshock nam 67- 6.4

I did 1 search to see if someone beat me to the punch and came up empty handed, the only xbox scores I recall seeing posted were xbn I think. Regardless here is the summery , enjoy.

FightyF

Banned
ESPN hockey - 8.7
nhl 2005- 8.5

Wait...didn't OXM originally review NHL 2005 with a 9 and gave ESPN something crappy?

Pachinko

Blinx 2 was well... an obvious extension of the original, it seems to have added nifty multiplayer modes. One thing in particular that annoyed me about the first one, getting powerups was too random becuase you had to grab 3 of the same kind in a row or it'd mess up. Blinx 2 just lets you keep grabbing time crystals until you've built up 2 of each time ability. also, stuff like rewinding time seems to be more context sensitive, instead of the game being kind of random most of the time about when and where you should use powerups, this one is a bit more linear, you come across a bridge, and if you don't get across it quickly enough it blows up. So of course the few enemies nearby give you rewind powerups and when used near the bridge it puts it back togethor.

The stage goals are a bit more detailed, instead of simply killing all the enemies and finding the exit you finish an objective in 2 different ways then open a door and immediatly start the next stage.

Second sight seemed interesting though. If something like Psi ops is the straight shooter then second sight seems like the metal gear version. Silent hill 4 was pretty boring , Def Jam seemed fun. Galleon I barely played, it doesn't look quite as bad as it seems in screenshots but it still isn't exactly good looking.

Top Bottom