• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

newbie question: How do you create a VCD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nomoment

So, I've got a *.bin and a *.cue file.

How do I got about making this into a VCD, and fitting it onto a 700MB CD? I know I sound like an idiot, but when it comes to VCDs, I am!

Thanks in advance.

ShadowRed

Banned
nomoment said:
So, I've got a *.bin and a *.cue file.

How do I got about making this into a VCD, and fitting it onto a 700MB CD? I know I sound like an idiot, but when it comes to VCDs, I am!

Thanks in advance.

Uhhh have you tried burning the .Bin and .Cue to a disc?

Chrono

Banned
ShadowRed said:
Uhhh have you tried burning the .Bin and .Cue to a disc?

But then that cd will only work on his PC.. I think he wants to make a CD that works on a DVD/VCD player...

ShadowRed

Banned
nomoment said:
Yep, looking to make a disc that works on my DVD player...

Again burn the .Bin and .Cue file to a cd and put it into your DVD player. If it doesn't play then your DVD player can't handle the encoding.

nomoment

ShadowRed said:
Again burn the .Bin and .Cue file to a cd and put it into your DVD player. If it doesn't play then your DVD player can't handle the encoding.
Both files add up to 700MB+, though. Is there a reason for this? Will Nero compress it when it burns?

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
the bin file should already be good to go as far as being in the vcd format. just burn it like you would anything else. also, there are more factors to it not working in your dvd player than just encoding. some dvd players have issues with types of cdr's... i'd also recommend burning a slower speed than usual, as i've heard that helped in situations (though im not entirely sure why)

converting a movie to a vcd format is a different story.. thats where it gets really tough. it requires drag and drop abilities within a program like nero.

nomoment said:
Both files add up to 700MB+, though. Is there a reason for this? Will Nero compress it when it burns?

there is room for overburn on a cd, if its just a bit over 700, its fine. if its a bin file, it should burn fine.

btrboyev

video cd's can go over the 700mb limit

just use your cd burning program and sue the burn image option and point to the cue file

myzhi

Banned
nomoment said:

It will fit on a 700 MB CD. Have no clue why, but I even had tons of 800+ MB cue/bin fit w/o overburning. Not sure why. Maybe, Windows sees the file incorrectly. Also, usually, people put files into cue/bin so you don't have to convert/add anything which makes it extremely easy to burn/use. If you want to extract the video file w/o burning it, you can use VCDGear, http://www.vcdgear.com/download.html.

myzhi

Banned
Just did a quick test. Extract a 825 MB cue/bin file and got a 814 MB SVCD mpg file. Using Nero's SVCD burn option, the file becomes only 700 MB before burning.

Gattsu25

Banned
sefskillz said:
converting a movie to a vcd format is a different story.. thats where it gets really tough. it requires drag and drop abilities within a program like nero.

heh...made me laugh :b

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom