• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 1 |OT| A New Hope

RBH

jay-cutler-smirk.jpg

Jay Cutler has a simple message for Bears fans: Zip it.

As has been a problem for the last few seasons, the Bears offense had trouble communicating when it entered the red zone for the first time Sunday because the fans were making too much noise. That’s not supposed to be a problem for the home team.

“Please, please, please let’s tone it down a little bit when we’re down in the 20,” Cutler said after the game as he delivered a message to the fans. “You’re more than welcome to yell and scream and do whatever you want to do after we score, but please, let’s go ahead and quiet the stadium down and save it for after we score. Thank you. That’s my PSA.”

After Matt Forte gained 15 yards to put the ball at the Colts’ 1-yard line in the first quarter, fans naturally cheered. But then they didn’t stop cheering. As the offense went to huddle, nearly all 11 Bears players on the field were waving their arms in a “quiet-down” motion. It didn’t work and the Bears ended up calling timeout.

Cutler was obviously very frustrated as he went to the sideline. Fortunately, three plays later, running back Michael Bush ran it in for a 1-yard touchdown to tie the game at seven.
http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/09/09/cutler-to-fans-lets-tone-it-down-a-little-bit-in-red-zone/

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
That drive was giving me flashbacks to that Chargers playoff game where San Diego had the ball for 7 seconds in the third quarter.

i like that steelers fans complain about the facemask on ben but ignore a god awful spot on that 4th down and also ignore blatant holding that happened on the 3rd down earlier

Top Bottom