• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 1 |OT| A New Hope

RBH

ice-cube-raiders.jpg

You can tell there is caution in Ice Cube's voice.

"We got to 8-8 last year. I'm hoping for 9-7 this year. [Pause, pause, pause.] Maybe 10-6. OK, that's a dream. [Pause, pause.] Now 9-7 is [pause] doable."

With the Raiders opening Monday night against the San Diego Chargers, Ice Cube -- who has dubbed himself "The President of the Raider Nation" -- will be there rooting on his team.

"The regime has changed. It's a merry-go-round once again," Ice Cube said. "We'll see. Once again, it's a work in progress."

Ice Cube will perform his Raiders anthem, "Come and Get Some," as part of the Pepsi NFL anthem project, at Oakland Coliseum on Monday night.

"To be honest with you, when I started with N.W.A, I thought I'd be strictly underground forever," Ice Cube said. "But it's been cool. I've been in this music game for more than 20 years, and I get to hang with the contemporary artists and do stuff like this."

And Ice Cube was happy he recently got a chance to meet one of his idols, Tim Brown, who played 15 years for his Raiders.

"I've been watching him since he was at Notre Dame," Ice Cube said. "I was so excited to meet him. We got a little one-on-one time."

Brown was glad to see Ice Cube also.

"It was an absolute delight for us when he and his friends would come to the games and hang out on the sidelines," Brown said. "Those guys in other fields, sometimes, we didn't realize they even paid attention to us athletes. But it's great finding out they are fans."

That's because Ice Cube couldn't fulfill his dream of playing the game.

"This is how I get my release, by being a fan. I look up at these athletes. These are my heroes," Ice Cube said. "I had these dreams of playing myself. But when you get on the field and hear how hard they hit, I'm glad I'm not playing."
http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/sounds/post/_/id/3065/ice-cube-makes-predictions-on-raiders

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man

Sanjuro

Doesn't matter
stop in mid stride, duh.

because they dont want to continue to get sued?

The retired players like to bitch that they are "ruining" the game, and then they turn around and sue the league over concussions.

The retired players would say whatever the fuck the NFLPA told them to if they actually paid them.

Didn't 49ers fans murder three or four people last year?

no one died. a raiders fan shot another raiders fan at a 49ers vs. raiders pre-season game and then some stupid whiny douchebag saints fan sent a letter to the san fran chronicle after we bounty'd the saints that he was subject to verbal abuse at the game

Top Bottom