• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Preseason/Training Camp thread - Doritos Locos

I have to say, I really like the team the Bengals have built. Excellent drafts the past few years, tons of young talent all over and they've dumped most of the trash they had accumulated for years. If Dalton can develop, that could be a pretty damned great squad.

I dont really agree. They need an overhaul imo. Their D isn't as good as people gave them credit for, and their O is average at best

LJ11

I dont really agree. They need an overhaul imo. Their D isn't as good as people gave them credit for, and their O is average at best

Can you explain why they have an average O? Do you feel they have a average talent on O? Dalton is probably what's holding the team back on that side of the ball.

They have holes on D, but there interior DL has some good talent, couple of edge rushers that can get it done but need to be more consistent. Need LBs and secondary players, Kirkpatrick playing well can do a lot for them.

Striker

Bengals offense has big potential but it's up to Red Rocket to step up. There's lots of talent on that side of the ball.

Man a lot of starters playing a large chunk of 1st Q and some well into the 2nd Q in some of these games. I wonder if all the training camp limitations are going to lead to starters playing more in preseason.

squicken

Lol Rams had to send starters out vs Brownies backups. But I'm happy at least with Bradford's day. All the incompletions hit receivers hands

Godslay

Banned
It's time boys!

ijVVmUbpbBLcR.gif

Their offense is stacked. You're out of your mind. Dalton needs to develop (biggest question mark) but they have plenty of young GOOD talent. Defensively they have holes no doubt. LJ covered some of those well so I wont' bother retreading but their defensive line is quality.

EDIT: I should add "potentially" stacked. A lot rides on Dalton and how their young receivers develop.

LJ11

Is Wolfe going to play DE in base for the Broncos?

I know that doesn't really matter because few sit in base, but it was interesting seeing him dip his shoulder against the guard when he was inside on a play, allowed Kap to get free. Can develop bad habits when you're doing both.

Godslay

Banned
Any other QB would have been sacked. Kap is too good!

Is Wolfe going to play DE in base for the Broncos?

I know that doesn't really matter because few sit in base, but it was interesting seeing him dip his shoulder against the guard when he was inside on a play, allowed Kap to get free. Can develop bad habits when you're doing both.

Listed as LDE. Gets work in as a DE, but they've been moving him around in camp from what I've read.

Top Bottom