• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 1 |OT| - A new season dawns with champs vs chokes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pimpwerx

I have no idea what the fuck McCarthy was thinking with accepting the original penalty. Makes no sense to me.

4th and 1 has far more options for the first down, with a very short field. If they go on 4th and get it, then score, people question McCarthy anyway. I think you take the yards everytime against an offense like San Fran's. PEACE.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know how Matthews got away with that shit. Should have been ejected.

TD coming immediately after was a measure of justice, though.

Fox318

FHYQ1.jpg

bonesquad

Is there any logic behind McCarthy taking that penalty? I still don't get it. Even if he was afraid the Niners would go for it on 4th, let them. Better than giving them another 3rd so close to the goalline.

Pimpwerx

Is there any logic behind McCarthy taking that penalty? I still don't get it. Even if he was afraid the Niners would go for it on 4th, let them. Better than giving them another 3rd so close to the goalline.

Has GB looked like they would have any easier a time stopping the Niners from getting 1 yard with a QB who could get into the endzone on his own anyway? Second-guessing that call is playing the results. It was an either or situation, and honestly, you give good offenses the yards. This is like if New England was the opponent. You gonna give the best QB sneaker in the league a chance to sneak on you, or give him an extra 5 yards and hope your defense does what they're paid for? PEACE.

duxstar

Was that a coach to coach call though , if he says decline penalty harbaugh sees that as a challenge and goes for it because of him declining , 3rd and 6 they had map stopped short Matthews just being an idiot

I have a feelings Rodgers is going to get lit up really hard before this is over.
I have a feeling Clay will legit kill someone (probably kap) if that happens, so I hope you're wrong and we can keep this game murder free.

e: I miss nick collins so much. VD would've been hospitalized on that duck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom