• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT| A Fraud Needs A Place To Crash, FreemanCorp: LiveMas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Knee injury?

Ughhhh

She must have broke him trying to console him after the game.....

l_3c2c44d981bf4674973e8f55d1e8b587.gif

Can someone help me with something. I discovered tonight that there was an ios release of the game Miner 2049er, called Miner 2049er again, back in 2011. Is there anywhere I can download this so that she can play it on her ipad?

Wait Rodgers had a knee issue?
They were pretty tight lipped with the injury reports, but yeah, I'll believe that. McCarthy recently said something like "this is as much adversity as [Rodgers] has had to deal with since 2008". 2010 he had two concussions. 2013 he had the collarbone. 2014 he had the calf. There's more to 'adversity' than injuries, but to me that says he was dealing with it the better part of the season.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
They were pretty tight lipped with the injury reports, but yeah, I'll believe that. McCarthy recently said something like "this is as much adversity as [Rodgers] has had to deal with since 2008". 2010 he had two concussions. 2013 he had the collarbone. 2014 he had the calf. There's more to 'adversity' than injuries, but to me that says he was dealing with it the better part of the season.

Well the fear of being two seconds from a torn ACL probably explains a lot.

MechDX

So was this ever listed on an injury report?

Bowser

I disagree. Watching the Rams play SEA all these years, they blitz the fuck out of Wilson. Force quick throws. Stop the run. Tackle. It helps to have SEA's bad guards trying to block Donald and Brockers, of course. But the idea is take away the easy throwing lanes and means of escape. They also use Ogletree/Barron as sort of the spy/hunter/killer b/c they can run with Wilson. The teams that handle the Rams are the ones that can throw and complete 8 yard pass after 8 yard pass

So I would play single high and blitz a lot, but the blitzers have to keep contain. Let Ware and Miller go after Cam and the other guys clean it up. But the idea is that if Cam can make 30 easy throws for 8 yards each then he wins

e: Basically Denver should play Cam exactly the opposite of how they played Brady. Don't let him throw deep. Worry about him running. Worry about the running game. Blitz a lot. But if he wants to dink and dunk, then let him. If he can, then tip your cap

God I hope Denver decides to just blitz Cam, he'll destroy them.

From FO's CAR-ARI preview:

So what does this constant blitzing mean for this Sunday's NFC Championship game? Well, blitzing Cam Newton was a very popular strategy for NFL defenses this season, but "popular" is very different from "successful." Essentially, if the Cardinals hold to their usual modus operandi, they'll be playing right into Newton's strengths.

Newton was blitzed on 39.7 percent of dropbacks this season. Among regular starting quarterbacks, only Cleveland's Josh McCown was blitzed more often. Except when opponents blitzed Newton, he actually got better. Against five pass rushers, Newton completed just as many passes but threw them deeper for more yardage. Against a big blitz of six or more, Newton's completion rate went down, but his average yardage was still higher than it was against four pass rushers, and he did not throw a single interception.

Code:
Cam Newton by No. of Pass Rushers, 2015
Pass Rushers	C%	Yd/At	NetY/P	TD	Int	QBR
3-4 rushers	61.1%	7.48	6.53	16	7	68.9
5 rushers	61.6%	8.49	7.53	12	3	78.4
6-7 rushers	53.4%	7.78	6.62	7	0	84.5

I'm having a nice Tomatin 18year as my night cap. Quite frankly one of the best highlands you can get for the price. I think I paid $55 for this bottle, which is outstanding for an 18 year old scottish single malt.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
God I hope Denver decides to just blitz Cam, he'll destroy them.

From FO's CAR-ARI preview:

I do think that the most interesting match up in the game will be Wade Phillips vs Mike Shula. Specifically, if Wade can come up with a scheme to slow the Panthers' read option. If I'm the Broncos, I'm going to try and force Cam to dink and dunk to victory.

Bowser

I do think that the most interesting match up in the game will be Wade Phillips vs Mike Shula. Specifically, if Wade can come up with a scheme to slow the Panthers' read option. If I'm the Broncos, I'm going to try and force Cam to dink and dunk to victory.

Equally as interesting is the Denver O vs Carolina D. If Carolina gets a turnover leading to a short field score and putting Denver in a hole early, the Broncos may not have any other choice but to start getting more aggressive on D (especially if the Denver O looks as ineffective as it did vs. the Pats D, save for the opening drive of course).

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Equally as interesting is the Denver O vs Carolina D. If Carolina gets a turnover leading to a short field score and putting Denver in a hole early, the Broncos may not have any other choice but to start getting more aggressive on D (especially if the Denver O looks as ineffective as it did vs. the Pats D, save for the opening drive of course).

Nah. The Broncos' offense sucks eggs. Carolina has the clear advantage, here.

Godslay

Banned
Pretty crazy Panthers are favored at 65% to win on Bing Predicts. Panthers 6 point favorites as well, largest favorite since Pats over Giants the first time around.

Sounds like a walk in the park for Carolina.

squicken

If I'm the Broncos, I'm going to try and force Cam to dink and dunk to victory.

Yep. This is really their only shot at winning the game. Denver has to hope Peyton doesn't turn it over and that they can make CAR go on long drives where Cam has to complete a bunch of short passes to get down the field

Pretty crazy Panthers are favored at 65% to win on Bing Predicts. Panthers 6 point favorites as well, largest favorite since Pats over Giants the first time around.

Sounds like a walk in the park for Carolina.

I totally forgot the line for SB48 but didnt Vegas have us i think -3 but most of ESPN had you guys?

I just remember someone telling me Vegas and NFLN had us and ESPN had you guys.

TL:DR whatever ESPN pick us wrong!

Godslay

Banned
I doubt it.

Blitzing is for bad defenses like the Cards.

Yeah, we'll have to get pressure straight up.

I watched their Atlanta loss, and the theme of the day was straight pressure and good tackling.

Their tackles had trouble that day, more so the right side than left. Interestingly, the LG had real trouble too.

You could probably pepper in some blitzes, but you have to be safe with them. Can't let Ginn burn one.

Panthers will bring max protect and chip the hell of out guys, so it's going to be tough.

I totally forgot the line for SB48 but didnt Vegas have us i think -3 but most of ESPN had you guys?

I just remember someone telling me Vegas and NFLN had us and ESPN had you guys.

TL:DR whatever ESPN pick us wrong!

Yeah it was like -2.5, maybe -3 at one point.

I'm more upset about that SB this year than I was when they lost it.

Reason being is the leaks of how bad Fox flubbed it. What a waste of everybody's time.

What have the Jags done to deserve a stadium like that?

Nothing yet but hopefully the plan comes together this season. The offense has a solid core that should continue to grow. We just need to focus on the defense this offseason and our winning window might opening this season.

Khan is solid man. He is putting in some work on the brand and making it stable. Definitely glad he is with Jacksonville instead of St. Louis. The Rams might not be the one in LA if he didn't take over.

KingBroly

Banned
Carolina's gotten a turnover in every game this season except 1, which was Week 6 at Seattle, after a bye and Kuechly's first game back after his concussion.

A big distinction between Carolina's offense this year and Denver's defense 2 years ago is that Carolina is primarily a running team. If Denver sits back and tries to let Cam beat them with his arm, they're really playing into Carolina' strength by letting them run on them 4-7 yards at a time. And if Denver plays 8 men in the box, he's just going to throw to Ginn, who is pretty damn fast.

Hammer24

Banned
I can´t help shaking the feeling, that this SB will be a replay of the Bucs - Raiders one. With the Panthers being the Raiders.

KingBroly

Banned
I can´t help shaking the feeling, that this SB will be a replay of the Bucs - Raiders one. With the Panthers being the Raiders.

Except...for that game, the game plan changed for the Raiders mid-week and one of the players went AWOL because he couldn't handle the changes.

There was also the Atlanta-Denver Super Bowl where the Falcons player tried to solicit an undercover cop.

Hammer24

Banned
Except...for that game, the game plan changed for the Raiders mid-week and one of the players went AWOL because he couldn't handle the changes.

There was also the Atlanta-Denver Super Bowl where the Falcons player tried to solicit an undercover cop.

There is still enough time for several meltdowns tho.

KingBroly

Banned
At this point, I feel like the Super Bowl's an inevitability for Carolina.

Denver would have to play as good as they did against New England defensively and a lot better offensively to beat them, and I can't see that happening since it'll be a lot tougher on both sides of the ball for them to do that.

I said I won't talk shop about the Super Bowl until after the Pro Bowl and I won't. I have too much #RE2PECT for the cocunuts,blow, and attractive women in bikinis hard work and dedication that the 4th and 5th stringers, like how the fuck did Teddy Bridgwater get there? players are putting in this week to put on this exhibition grand sporting contest for Rog's pockets us fans to over shadow it.

That being said, speaking as objectively as I can, I don't see many paths to victory for Denver in this game.

BUT

BUT

BUT

The Cardinals were supposed to be a bad matchup for the Panthers.
New England was supposed to run through the Broncos.

The paper's not worth a hill of beans at this point. It's all about 53 vs 53, man to a man, who executes better that day.

KingBroly

Banned
I said i won't talk shop about the Super Bowl until after the Pro Bowl and I won't. I have too much #RE2PECT for the cocunuts,blow, and attractive women in bikinis hard work and dedication that the 4th and 5th stringers, like how the fuck did Teddy Bridgwater get there? players are putting in this week to put on this exhibition grand sporting contest for Rog's pockets us fans to over shadow it.

That being said, speaking as objectively as I can, I don't see many paths to victory for Denver in this game.

BUT

BUT

BUT

The paper's not worth a hill of beans at this point. It's all about 53 vs 53, man to a man, who executes better that day.

Well...Denver's supposed to be a bad matchup for the Panthers
And Pey Pey's supposed to ride off into the Sunset with another Ring, thanks to Horseface

It's not really about paper for me. My gut tells me Carolina's out to prove a point. They play better when stakes are up for grabs, not when they're not.

It's weird not watching your team in the Superbowl =(

I KID KID!

Seriously though... fuck.

it sucks not seeing your team make plays like this.

I said I won't talk shop about the Super Bowl until after the Pro Bowl and I won't. I have too much #RE2PECT for the cocunuts,blow, and attractive women in bikinis hard work and dedication that the 4th and 5th stringers, like how the fuck did Teddy Bridgwater get there? players are putting in this week to put on this exhibition grand sporting contest for Rog's pockets us fans to over shadow it.

BUT

BUT

BUT

It's what happens when you have Ohio State players on. On a scale from 1-10, how excited are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom