• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 14 |OT| You Don't Own Me

cdyhybrid

This Passengers commercial is stupid. If you were in a floating sphere of water, couldn't you just swim to the edge to poke your head out?

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
What's with the check downs all game Logan Ryan has to be in the bottom CBs in the league.

I'll also say the pats run d stinks this year, seems like the lack of run game for Baltimore is hurting.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Don't get to ever see him but whatd you think of waddle?

I liked him when he was a Lion. Was undrafted IIRC and was pretty solid Right Tackle when he was healthy.

Once he started to get hurt though he was never the same player he was those first 12 games or so when he was fully healthy.

effzee

See, I don't think that's the case.

Rob Chudzinski was highly regarded coming out of his stint with the Panthers as an offensive mind helping Cam run one of the top 10 offenses in the NFL after the Panthers fielded one of the worst offenses the year before.

Pat Shurmur had just come off of a stint with the Rams that saw Sam Bradford break all kinds of rookie records. He won the NFL Rookie of the Year award the season before under Shurmur before he was hired by the Browns.

Hue Jackson was absolutely a worthwhile candidate. He had a failed tenure as the Raiders head coach and made some dubious decisions in getting Palmer but his time with the Bengals saw them field a successful offense with Dalton at the helm. He was absolutely worthy of head coach consideration.

The problem is the Browns as an organization chews these guys up and spits them out after a season. All with no regard to progress or the constant front office changes and dysfunction present in that organization.

I'll say again, if the Eagles wanted to dump Pederson, they'd be fine. The biggest issue isn't whether you dump your head coach and the optics behind that. Its whether Howie Roseman is still in charge of front office and who does or does not want to work with him.

Nailed it.

Only reason they hired Pederson is because he wouldn't cause trouble with Howie. Even if they want fire him where else would they find a puppet?

Bread

Banned
that Edelman to amendola pass is probably the loudest I've ever yelled at a football game

That shit was hype as fuck

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I liked him when he was a Lion. Was undrafted IIRC and was pretty solid Right Tackle when he was healthy.

Once he started to get hurt though he was never the same player he was those first 12 games or so when he was fully healthy.

Yeah he's been hurt almost his entire patriots career.

that Edelman to amendola pass is probably the loudest I've ever yelled at a football game

That shit was hype as fuck

Even more than butler int? They got me on video reacting.

effzee

Fair point, you're right I can agree with that. I guess the bolded is actually my point but you said it better than I did. I'm just worried about starting a cycle of getting rid of coaches to quickly. If we toss Doug out after one year, and get another coach who doesn't hit the ground running, do we throw them out after one year too? And if not, why not? You can get rid of a coach after one year, but they'd have to be awful. And I don't think Doug is awful. Or at least there isn't enough evidence. If this team had the same record currently, but with no injuries/suspensions then I'd agree with firing him immediately. But given everything I think he deserves one more year to figure things out.

Lurie already started the cycle when he abruptly fired Chip.

I don't think Doug deserves to be fired but I don't know how much credit, if at all, he deserves for Wentz. I just have zero confidence in him and his Reid shortcomings annoy the shit out of me.

I'd love to have seen Chip with Wentz.

Top Bottom