• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 16 |OT| 8-8s & Heartbreak

Yeah how anyone can think that the mvp of the Cowboys is not Elliott amazes me.

Because running backs grow on trees. Replace Elliot with an average QB and the Cowboys are still pretty good. Replace Rodgers or even Ryan with an average QB and those teams are terrible.

Zetta

Well I was thinking more along the line of the discussion between Elliott and Precott. As a Giants I'm extremely jealous with the Oline the cowboys have.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Because running backs grow on trees. Replace Elliot with an average QB and the Cowboys are still pretty good. Replace Rodgers or even Ryan with an average QB and those teams are terrible.

Agreed but Elliot is pretty special in terms of size and speed. He's going to be great for a long time.

Agreed but Elliot is pretty special in terms of size and speed.

He is, but the way the league has trended, there is a bigger gulf in terms of value between a Great and merely good QB, versus a great and merely good RB. Ezekiel Elliott is not more valuable than an elite quarterback.

WedgeX

Banned
He is, but the way the league has trended, there is a bigger gulf in terms of value between a Great and merely good QB, versus a great and merely good RB. Ezekiel Elliott is not more valuable than an elite quarterback.

The Barry Sanders years taught me that this is unfortunately true.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
The Lions are always an entertaining team. About to make up for all the terrible MNF, TNF games this season.

We should get a minimum of 5 nationally televised games a year.

squicken

Atlanta replaced their very bad center with one of the best in the league, and all of their linemen have played over 90% of their snaps. So has New England's line. Pretty much every offense that is good has a line that stays healthy. It kind of takes the fun out of football when you look at snap counts for linemen and team records. It's a high correlation (actually it's causation)

Top Bottom