• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 16 |OT| 8-8s & Heartbreak

Glad they were stopped. After that incredible bullshit "roughing the passer" penalty, the Iggles can eat a bag of dicks with their ref buddies.

squicken

"A rushing defender is prohibited from committing such intimidating and punishing acts as 'stuffing' a passer into the ground or unnecessarily wrestling or driving him down after the passer has thrown the ball, even if the rusher makes his initial contact with the passer within the one-step limitation."

SRTtoZ

Yea I also have no idea how that ball wasnt intentional grounding. The ball didn't reach the line of scrimmage and was not near any eligible receiver.

kmag

"A rushing defender is prohibited from committing such intimidating and punishing acts as 'stuffing' a passer into the ground or unnecessarily wrestling or driving him down after the passer has thrown the ball, even if the rusher makes his initial contact with the passer within the one-step limitation."

His hands were on Wentz when Wentz threw. If QB's are allowed to break tackles and play tough, they have be able to be tackled. Wentz was off balance as well and essentially when to the side.

It's bullshit. Put flags on them. Don't allow them to throw the ball when touched. I'm all for player safety, but if a defense isn't allowed a legitimate tackle when the guy had the ball when the tackle is initated then what's the fucking point of having them out there.

So it is a penalty. That's a pretty soft rule though

Caja 117

Wentz was just tackled , "intimidating" my ass.
His hands were on Wentz when Wentz threw. If QB's are allowed to break tackles and play tough, they have be able to be tackled. Wentz was off balance as well and essentially when to the side.

It's bullshit. Put flags on them. Don't allow them to throw the ball when touched. I'm all for player safety, but if a defense isn't allowed a legitimate tackle when the guy had the ball when the tackle is initated then what's the fucking point of having them out there.
Precisely.

Euron

I think I know what the Giants gameplan was last half: Let a long TD go to Algahor just so he stays on the Eagles roster

Brilliant strategy Ben

squicken

As a fan, it's down to whether you would rather preserve the purity of violence in football, and watch a lot of games with bad backups, or make accommodations to safety and live with some softness

squicken

That is just terrible. I mean he had no shot at that throw

That a foul there then?

I think so. On the play before the INT, Beau Allen hit Eli. He could have held on and driven him into the ground, but he let go. That's what the rule says, as I read it

SRTtoZ

Garbage ass playcalling continues. How many times are they going to attempt the low % sideline pass with help over the top?

Top Bottom