• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 7 [OT] - Challenge of the SuperFrauds

Time to take a break from Far Cry Primal to watch the battle of the birds. My shop won weapons fest yesterday so I'm feeling pretty good.

Hindl

Can't wait for condensed Eagles game to go up. Had to step out halfway through the first quarter so I missed most of the game. Looks like a shitshow, especially Wentz, but I want to review what happened. Looks like Big V had a pretty decent game though, hopefully he continues to develops.

Duxxy3

Mike Reiss ‏@MikeReiss 3m3 minutes ago

Rob Gronkowski on tying Stanley Morgan's Patriots franchise record for TDs: "One more and I have 69!"

Because of course he would say that.

Despite losing the the hated Asterisks I feel good. Landry looked good (backup good, I hold no compulsions of him being a starter) and the D held up ...okay, considering their injuries.

That said, If there's one thing these past two games have taught me its that the Steelers run D goes through Cam Heyward. They are awful with him out.

gutshot

Can't wait for condensed Eagles game to go up. Had to step out halfway through the first quarter so I missed most of the game. Looks like a shitshow, especially Wentz, but I want to review what happened. Looks like Big V had a pretty decent game though, hopefully he continues to develops.

Wentz was definitely off. Some really poor decisions and bad throws. He kept battling though and made some key plays, especially on their TD drive. I liked seeing that.

Biggest reason we got the W was the return of the defense from the first 3 weeks of the season. I don't know what happened the past couple weeks, but it was good to see this D come out and dominate again.

beast.0.gif

Hindl

Wentz was definitely off. Some really poor decisions and bad throws. He kept battling though and made some key plays, especially on their TD drive. I liked seeing that.

Biggest reason we got the W was the return of the defense from the first 3 weeks of the season. I don't know what happened the past couple weeks, but it was good to see this D come out and dominate again.

Yeah, I only saw his first couple ints, but looks like the D put on a clinic. Easily looks like Wentz' worst game, but seems like he settled down a little after the rough start. Luckily, the D and ST were able to pick him up when he was having a bad game. Vikings Offense is pretty terrible though, so I'm still not sure if this D is what we saw the first 3 weeks and today, or the Lions/Washington game. Cowboys game is gonna be rough

JABEE

I'm really happy the Eagles won today.

I'm happy the offensive line was able to eventually get Wentz some protection.

I think Wentz will have success against the Cowboys next week. I think the Vikings have a superior defense.

My concern is our corners matching up against Beasley and Dez.

Elliott is also a worry if Bennie Logan is not back next week. The Eagles need a good plan to spy as well.

Hicks is the key. The Eagles need another effort like this week.

Pepiope

Yeah, I only saw his first couple ints, but looks like the D put on a clinic. Easily looks like Wentz' worst game, but seems like he settled down a little after the rough start. Luckily, the D and ST were able to pick him up when he was having a bad game. Vikings Offense is pretty terrible though, so I'm still not sure if this D is what we saw the first 3 weeks and today, or the Lions/Washington game. Cowboys game is gonna be rough
Ya, Wentz wasn't that good today, but MIN has a top 3 defense. He isn't going to face a defense as good as MIN for the rest of the season.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Congrats Charger GAF

Ugly loss. Failcons basically got shut out the 2nd half as well as overtime.

Not Bryant's fault on that kick. Also should have been closer, but yet again Julio didn't get the call.

That 3rd down Matt Ryan sneak was ugly, and the 4th down call wasn't stellar either. Then again I'd say try and throw one to your best player in Julio, but he never gets the call so they could just mug him.

At anyrate the margins in the NFL are thin. Losing back to back weeks like this puts us middle of the pack. Top tier teams figure out a way to win these types of games.

Top Bottom