• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Week 5 |OT| Free fallin', I'm-a free fallin'

RBH

Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton said following Sunday's win at Detroit that he was trying to give a compliment with "sarcasm'' earlier in the week when he laughed at the question of a female reporter.

"It was a lesson learned for me this whole week,'' Newton said after throwing three touchdown passes in a 27-24 victory. "My sarcasm trying to give somebody kind of a compliment turned in ways I never would have even imagined.''
Newton arrived at Ford Field with a pin in his hat showing the image of "Rosie the Riveter'' from the iconic "We Can Do It'' poster.

"Rosie the Riveter'' was a symbol of feminism and women's economic power during the World War II era.

"I was trying to find a way to kind of hint a notion to all the women,'' Newton said. "I did my homework on her and her impact on World War II. Not only on her, but all the women and females who played a big impact in creating equipment for World War II.

"It was symbolization for inferior and strong women.''
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...anthers-was-giving-female-reporter-compliment

Bitanator

Dallas needs to keeping running knock that clock down and score a TD it is the only way they come away with a win. My fucking heart is beating like a rabbit

Top Bottom