• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 3 - Drowney for Clowney Mech, Drowney for Clowney.

I'm hoping for my Jags to pick up Watkins at the 3 spot or a trade down. I would love to see them go heavy on offense but if they just draft a center and go defense the rest of the way I won't be mad. I just want quality players at this point.

It would be amazing if Mike Evans fell to us at #10 on draft day. It's going to depend on the Bucs or Bills passing up on him. I know this draft is deep at WR, but none of the secondary players justify a pick at #10 IMO.

I really hope JFF, Bortels and Bridgewater get picked ahead of us because that will almost assure Evans falling to us. After watching a draft special featuring Marquis Lee, I'd even feel better picking him up at #10 as opposed to Clinton Dix.

Still those three 4th round picks we have gives me some hope Mayhew will trade at least two 2nd round picks to move up for Sammy Watkins.

Lee has a history of injuries, I don't trust Mayhew drafting WRs like that.

Watkins isn't worth multiple draft picks. We need bodies. It's very likely Suh and Fairley will be gone next year, I'd like to make sure we have young guys to replace them. I'd be fine with taking Aaron Donald at 10.

We seem to be stacking bodies at CB which makes me doubt we'll draft one at ten, but I wouldn't be upset if we took Gilbert.

We can get a WR in the second round: Moncrief. And if you want a big receiver: Kelvin Benjamin from FSU.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Today is kinda a crazy day. I'll have a nice writeup tomorrow explaining my pick.

You can't justify insanity. No need for a write up, just say you're a Jets fan.

I will go Wellington on my laptop if the Jets actually drafted Lee instead of Manziel. Luckily there is no chance in hell JFF isn't a top 10 pick.

Fox318

You can't justify insanity. No need for a write up, just say you're a Jets fan.

I will go Wellington on my laptop if the Jets actually drafted Lee instead of Manziel. Luckily there is no chance in hell JFF isn't a top 10 pick.
If JFF fell this far already he is gonna fall more. They need a WR and Ithink Lee is a good fit.

If the Jets really want JFF then they will trade up in the late 1st or 2nd round.

Farooq

Banned
what in the...

So, does Packers GAF have a pick?

Edit: Not to sound demanding, I just want to see if Eagles GAF picks JFF and restores balance to the force ...I mean Neogaf's Mock.

Second Edit: Since I already made a Star Wars reference. Here is JFF's QB coach talking about JFF and his "Jedi" drill.

Greg

So, does Packers GAF have a pick?

Edit: Not to sound demanding, I just want to see if Eagles GAF picks JFF and restores balance to the force ...I mean Neogaf's Mock.

Second edit: Since I already brought in a Star Wars reference. Here is JFF's QB coach talking about JFF and his "Jedi" drill.
Bucket is the spokesperson and I don't see him online yet

I could see Robo-T going O at this point though

Konka

Banned
This game is great. All the talent in Texas is in the NBA.

Johnny-Manziel-Dunk.jpg

Pack-GAF, who the hell is left? Do we draft JFF just to give parallel universe A-Rodge a bigger chip on his shoulder?

Needs:

1) every defensive position except maybe cornerback
2) OL and TE, debatably

I'd say best defensive player available. If there are any potential defensive stars still on the board, it's a no brainer.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I'm not against the Jets drafting JFF but it would need to be in the 2nd round. I still believe in Geno

I mean its fine to believe in Geno but you don't let that get in the way from drafting a QB. I can just imagine some crazy alternate history where the Panthers pass up on Cam because they drafted Jimmy Clausen a year earlier. Geno wasn't that quite atrocious but he was pretty damn close. Not saying JFF is that guy but the Jets have a 2nd rd draft pick who was less than mediocre last year and a 34 year old QB who can't even stay on the field and when hes on there he too is just mediocre.

Just my two cents. I guess Lee fills a need even if he wasn't that great in college.

Pack-GAF, who the hell is left? Do we draft JFF just to give parallel universe A-Rodge a bigger chip on his shoulder?

Needs:

1) every defensive position except maybe cornerback
2) OL and TE, debatably

I'd say best defensive player available. If there are any potential defensive stars still on the board, it's a no brainer.
So, 10 minutes of research says... CB or not, this is Dennard, right? He's your boy, Bucket! Do what you have to do!

Nix

CB wise Fuller is a better tackler, was healthier and dennard didn't really play zone
Dennard seems to be the consensus better player, so I don't really care who's the better tackler.

As for Nix... is he a true nose? Is he a difference maker?
edit: I just read a scouting report that compares Nix to Raji. Fire him into the sun

Caveat: just make the pick, Bucket!

Greg

Dennard seems to be the consensus better player, so I don't really care who's the better tackler.

edit: I just read a scouting report that compares Nix to Raji. Fire him into the sun

Raji? Never heard of her.

Eleuin

Okay I'll admit the fuller suggestion was just me pushing my own agenda lol
I just think he plays bigger

Nix would (hopefully) be the raji 2011 replacement

But I agree! I just looked things up for 10 mins, Bucket surely knows more

Mindlog

Countless grilled appetizers of every sort.
Three different main course meets.
Twelve varieties of beer.
Asks for a Cider...

Biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch does it look like I know shit about Cider? Bring your own fuckin' Cider. Yeah I know you're reading this.
Evening Drunk. Good luck NFL Draft GAF. I'm sure the big picture will come together now and I'll understand what the fuck yall were thinkin.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Countless grilled appetizers of every sort.
Three different main course meets.
Twelve varieties of beer.
Asks for a Cider...

Biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch does it look like I know shit about Cider? Bring your own fuckin' Cider. Yeah I know you're reading this.
Evening Drunk. Good luck NFL Draft GAF. I'm sure the big picture will come together now and I'll understand what the fuck yall were thinkin.

Well, I found bucket.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Lee has a history of injuries, I don't trust Mayhew drafting WRs like that.

Watkins isn't worth multiple draft picks. We need bodies. It's very likely Suh and Fairley will be gone next year, I'd like to make sure we have young guys to replace them. I'd be fine with taking Aaron Donald at 10.

We seem to be stacking bodies at CB which makes me doubt we'll draft one at ten, but I wouldn't be upset if we took Gilbert.

We can get a WR in the second round: Moncrief. And if you want a big receiver: Kelvin Benjamin from FSU.

I know we disagree on this PD but I expect Suh to be signed long term shortly after the draft. Fairley will no doubt be gone after his rookie contract is up but I still, and have always believed, Suh is the guy we should build our defense around.

Those three 4th round picks for us are going to be huge. Remember we picked up Larry Warford in the third round of last years draft and this years draft by most accounts is much deeper than last years.

I agree with you though on grabbing a WR in the second round if Mike Evans or Watkins don't fall to us at #10 it'll be interesting to see what Maynew does.

Drafting Eric Ebron and then trading his draft rights down to the Giants and Steelers and grabbing more picks is one option we should explore.

I do think you could a situation like Shariff Floyd in last years draft where you will see a surprise player fall to us at #10 whether it be MIke Evans or Khalil Mack. I really hope the 9 teams in front of us draft as many QBs and LTs as possible.

18. New York Jets - Marquise Lee WR
Much like the Jets organization, even this selection was half-assed.

:jnc

I didn't elaborate on the ESPN special I saw of Marquise Lee. The guy had an extremely tough childhood growing up in Inglewood and moved around from motel to motel until he found a family to take him in for high school.

He seems like a really humble guy who has been through a lot of things and is going to work his ass off as opposed to Mike Williams.

Fucking Matt Millen...

Top Bottom