• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 9 |OT| Gronkenstorm

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I'm fine with going for it. Just line up and perform the test of manhood. I can't believe Tomlin endorsed that.

untitled-12obo4z.gif

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Steelers picking up chunks of yards all game, why not just man up and go for it with your offensive personnel? What a crazy call.

Fucking coward ass raiders. They didnt even want the ball back. They just kicked it onsides to prevent martin from setting the rushing record.

squicken

You have to tie the game there. Folks calling for him to go for it are ludicrous. D has played well. Take the three. Tie the game.

even if you fail you will likely get good field position b/c they are still pinned deep. any decent offense should go for TDs when inside the 5. but not a stupid fake FG

You have to tie the game there. Folks calling for him to go for it are ludicrous. D has played well. Take the three. Tie the game.

Nah, i've seen this movie before. Steelers tie, then Eli goes down the field taking ten minutes off, then kicks a field go that the Steelers have no time to answer.

Mrbob

Raiders have done a lot of stupid moves in the last decade, but trading for Palmer might be near the top of the list.

bionic77

Eli is shameless in going after Pis. He has been garbage all game and had a 3 point lead.

God really does love (intentional) virgins.

Striker

Seems like the WR's are running streaks every play and then there's no run game. Gilbride, get a clue.

lol Miller wide open no one near ten yards.

squicken said:
even if you fail you will likely get good field position b/c they are still pinned deep. any decent offense should go for TDs when inside the 5. but not a stupid fake FG
I don't agree.

It's great if you ignore the psychological part of the game. Failing to convert a fourth and one is deflating and can provide a big momentum shift. You're down three in the fourth quarter. That's one of those times you play a bit more conservative.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I say we go forwards, not backwards. Upwards, not forwards. And always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom.

Top Bottom