• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NGA Gafrican Games.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
2005230743656730293_rs.jpg

NGA Gafrican Games--Saturday, April 19, 1 PM EDT/5 PM GMT

Qualifying Round Results
Bold=Qualifier
Italics=Alternate
1. AstroLad -13 4063
2. PuMA -11 3730
3. HotHitter -7 2895

4. dkeane -6 2900
5. Forensick -3 2580
6. Fair Witness -2 2430

1. K-X -16/4219
2. seveNLayers -13/3923
3. StrawmanUK -6/3063
4. mrbagdt -6/3018
5. SilverNGold -6/2930

6. DanDare4444 -4/2626

finals
1. K-X -13 3803
2. PuMa -11 3608
3. seveNLayers -11 3527
4. HoTHiTTer -9 3219
5. SilverNGold -6 2896
6. Astrolad -5 2810
7. dkeane -2 2370
8. StrawmanUK +5 1970

RULES
1. If you are signed up, show up in the GAF Lobby (LAST FLOOR, LAST LOBBY) at 12:45 EDT.

2. At 12:50 EDT or a little after, the two Group Leaders (marked above) will create rooms for the qualifying round. If you are on the Main Rooms List, join of the two rooms. Join any room, but try to join whichever room has the least people (will give you a better chance of qualifying and also make it fairer for all involved). The Group Leader(s) for the Wild Card Room(s) will also create at 12:50--anyone on the Wild Card Rooms List can join these. ALL GAMES WILL START AT 1:05 EDT.

3. After the qualifying round, Group Leaders and first-place finishers will post results, which will be added here (POST SCORES IN THE FORMAT BELOW UNDER "PREVIOUS RESULTS"--RANK, NAME, SCORE, POINTS). The top 2 from each Main Room are guaranteed spots in the final round. The other 4 spots in the Final will go to wild cards--the highest two remaining scorers among all groups (including the Wild Card Rooms). I will post a list of the Final Round people in this post, and then designate a new Group Leader for the Final to create a room. If you are in the Final, join that room.

4. After the Final, the Group Leader and first-place finisher will post results, which will be added to the OP, with the Top 5 having the glory of being permanently enshrined in the main post OP.

5. GROUP LEADERS: Please print out list of players and ONLY allow those people in. You will get a lot of requests from random non-gaffers that happen to be in the room.

SETTINGS
Course: Safari GC (unlock it & the mirror version!)
Holes: Qualifying Rounds- 18 (Regular Tees). Final Round- 18 (Mirror--be sure you have this unlocked; it's one of the very earlier challenges).
Speed: Normal (watch your timer!).
Auto Handicap: Off.
Restricted Entry: Owner Permission (meaning group leader has to OK your entry into room, to keep riffraff out).
Hot Shots Rules: Novice & Intermdiate Only (meaning you can only pick among the first and second rows of characters).

Useful Online Features
-You can access your friends list in lobby (only) by pressing Select.
-A little smiley face will indicate if you have friends in a lobby, signed up for a tournament, and within a game room. This is why it's important to beef up your friends list with NGA members!
-At the score screen in a Real Tournament (50-person), you can see only your friends by pressing square twice. This way you can easily see each other talking even if your first and fiftieth! This is not available at the pre-match screen.
-In Created Tourneys (CTs), you can remove the score screen and watch people putting after you're done by pressing right on the d-pad.
-In CTs, you can make everyone else invisible by clicking R3. Click R3 again to make them visible.
-If you get "banned" for quitting or dropping, just log out and log back on. Good to go!

Previous Results
HSG5 Early Bird Open Top 5
1. BrandonJ335/-16/4327
2. JovialCharacter/-16/4226
3. AstroLad/-15/4029
4. Thebigkahuna1/-12/3809
5. Bshock/-10/3517

NGA Lubbock Funvitational Top 5
1. BrandonJ335 -16/4365
2. seveNLayers -13/3860
3. SilverNGold -12/3721
4. AstroLad -11/3765
5. rhfb -9/3380

NGA Goin' the Okinaway InvitationalTop 5
1. BrandonJ335/-16/4253
2. AstroLad/-11/3629
3. PuMa/-10/3397
4. Thebigkahuna1/-7/3210
5. Fair_witness/-7/3124

NGA Sonyland Showdown Top 5
1. BrandonJ335 -16/4324
2. seveNLayers -11/3660
3. K-X -11/3645
4. PuMA -9/3482
5. SilverNGold -8/3237

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
I'll give it a shot next weekend then. Getting decent at the game now.

PSN id: navanman_gaf

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Fixed up the OP to make clear how the new Main Room/Extra Wild Card Room(s) format is working. Please read the bolded part under Rules. Should make things quicker.

mrbagdt

i am in again, if you can get a third game going since you already have 2 rooms of 8. or is the max per room 10? cant remember.... but sign me up if there is room.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
mrbagdt said:
i am in again, if you can get a third game going since you already have 2 rooms of 8. or is the max per room 10? cant remember.... but sign me up if there is room.

yep you're in. the way we're doing it is to make two main rooms where top two qualify in each room and rest are wild-card eligible. then third room where you are wild-card eligible as long as there are at least two ppl. in the room. so you're in the wild-card group right now.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
dkeane and mrbag. Hang tight but I'm guessing you won't need to create your own room and can just join one of the main ones. Basically wait until 1:00 EDT and then hop in to whatever's open. If nothing's open, then one of you (or someone else who signs up late) just go ahead and create the Wild Card Room.

I'm not going to be able to play tomorrow as I brilliantly forgot to pack my Sixaxis up along with the rest of my PS3. Have fun tomorrow, dudes. At least I have my DS with me.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
cool thanks for letting me know.

tyler/sevenlayers you're group leader and i also bumped up mrbag and dkeane into the main groups as i'm sure we'll have room.

Sorry guys, but I'm going to have to bail. I've got some family coming by to help me with a home improvement project that has been frustrating me. I'll see you all next week.

Steroyd

Heh you might see me use adv this week.

Speaking of which how the cock do you use power shots when the ball is flaming, puts me off everytime.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
alright we're gonna create at :55 start at :05 or earlier if rooms fill up then. NO WILD CARD ROOM so get in here.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
royd feel free to start on room or with any other gaffers and just write score to compete for wild cards.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
1. AstroLad -13 4063
2. PuMA -11 3730
3. HotHitter -7 2895
4. dkeane -6 2900
5. Forensick -3 2580
6. Fair Witness -2 2430
7. Steroyd (Network Error--Hole 1!)

tyler

K-X -16/4219
seveNLayers -13/3923
StrawmanUK -6/3063
mrbagdt -6/3018
SilverNGold -6/2930
DanDare4444 -4/2626

Good game all. Crazy 7 on the last hole for me spoiled setting a new record, destined to stay at -13!

kay

Ah wrote down the scores for nothing!!!!!!!!! jk

Btw, that 69 yard chip in was from the fairway after hitting the tee shot into bunker then preceeding to not clear the bunker as it hit the edge.

tyler

I went THUD straight into a bunker on H18. And then chipped it all over from there until I got 7. Lucky not to have been in the water twice and timed out!

Great score K-X

Top Bottom