• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NGA Gafrican Games.

Steroyd

I decided to go and finish challenge mode so forget me. :(

Anyone want a few rounds after the tournament I'll be on EG for a while. (not online)

More connection problems. :(

kay

1. K-X -13 3803
2. PuMa -11 3608
3. seveNLayers -11 3527
4. HoTHiTTer -9 3219
5. SilverNGold -6 2896
6. Astrolad -5 2810
7. dkeane -2 2370
8. StrawmanUK +5 1970

Was in the sand way too much that round, 70% fairway

tyler

Bridesmaid again. Pars on 17 and 18 cost me. It was a great match, just points separating me and K-X for a few holes.

Well played everyone.

kay

Yeah it was close. I thought for sure I was going to collapse the last couple holes. I can only seem to do that in G1 tournaments, every hole :(

kay

HoTHiTTeR said:
haha, if this would have been a G2, I'd have shot +2 :\
Currently 0/9 on G1 tournaments so far, not even close to a podium. One tournament I actually hit the castle in euro, the one at the beginning of a par 5. How does anyone even hit that :( I have only completed a few of them because there was just no way I could even catch up.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
kay said:
Currently 0/9 on G1 tournaments so far, not even close to a podium. One tournament I actually hit the castle in euro, the one at the beginning of a par 5. How does anyone even hit that :( I have only completed a few of them because there was just no way I could even catch up.

that surprises me--i've got a couple of g1 podiums and every game i've played against you you've done very well so i'm sure you'll at least podium very soon. though it does bear mentioning that i am downright awful in gaf finals. d'oh!

Strawman

Aha, thanks for spoiler tagging my dreadfull score!

After getting a respectable -6 in the qualifiers I was gutted to get +5, landing on top of a mountain with Puma on a par 5 didnt help either :lol

Great games though and glad to make my first final.

Roll on silver peaks next week? *gulp*

kay

AstroLad said:
that surprises me--i've got a couple of g1 podiums and every game i've played against you you've done very well so i'm sure you'll at least podium very soon. though it does bear mentioning that i am downright awful in gaf finals. d'oh!
It's got to be the tournament structure, the long waits are agonizing and playing with some characters is just bad. The lack of sophie for novices and sonia so far doesn't help. But at least there are a lot more tournaments now.

Chris R

Just woke up like 20 mins ago :( sorry for not making it... I'm going to skip out on next weeks as well because finals are coming up, but after that I should be good for every week.

PuMa

Strawman said:
Aha, thanks for spoiler tagging my dreadfull score!

After getting a respectable -6 in the qualifiers I was gutted to get +5, landing on top of a mountain with Puma on a par 5 didnt help either :lol

Great games though and glad to make my first final.

Roll on silver peaks next week? *gulp*

Haha, that was hilarious. I saw you up there and was thinking, "man, hes screwed". Of course, what do I do? I drive myself right up next to you on that damn mountain. I think I still parred that so it didn't turn out too bad... :lol

mrbagdt

didnt realize i made the finals, i just assume the top 3 are going and the other room always seems to be better than the one i am in. and i had to go to the sauna to sweat out my anguish.

but i did have a 160yd eagle or something like that. first time ever!

kay

Silver Peaks is always good. But.. for some reason that one par 5 with the tee into the big dip and then the rocks blocking the green just makes me think I can hit it over the rock and it never works. I can't remember it working at least. I keep hitting the rock :( anyone else do this?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Seems that there's been a bit of a dip in interest so I'm not really sure what to do. The four-player local multi-type mode will be up so maybe something with that?

tyler

Matchplay would be good. Problem is we seem to have 12ish people so a knock out isn't easy to sort out.

Maybe just open it up with a limit of 16 and see where we are by the weekend.

Top Bottom