• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT| "The Cup is our destiny this year."

Snaku

Banned
Fucking heart attacks all over the place. Don't try and hold on for the win, keep trying to score.

I don't know what's worse. Watching it, or not being able to watch it and having to read shit like this while following the Ice Tracker.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Leave the hyperbole for TSN. Luongo has far more fans than detractors. The detractors are just louder sometimes.

*** everyone in the media I meant, sorry. I know most people like Luongo, including myself, the media just hates him, which is why by "everyone" i meant "what everyone reads about afterwards"

Also, I'm watching the end of the Florida game only because I wanna see rats fly.

bardia

It's kinda sad, because if they DO win, everyone will be like "BOOHOO IT'S ALL BECAUSE OF SCHNEIDER SCHNEIDER IS SO MUCH BETTER LUONGO SUCKS" when the last 2 losses had absolutely nothing to do with him. I wonder what AV is gonna do if they win tonight. Leave Schneider in, indirectly confirming that they DID win because of the Luongo-Schneider change, or go back to Luongo, thus making the statement that the rest of the team finally got better? I kinda hope he puts Luongo back in IF we win tonight, but then there will be a LOT of pressure on the Canucks to prove Luongo isn't the reason the game after...

God sometimes I wish we only had 1 great goalie. firstworldproblems.jpg

IMO it's Schneiders to lose right now. He'll play until we lose another game.

Socreges

Banned
*** everyone in the media I meant, sorry. I know most people like Luongo, including myself, the media just hates him, which is why by "everyone" i meant "what everyone reads about afterwards"
The media doesn't hate him, really. They just love controversy.

Disclaimer: I agree that the refs fucked up. I disagree that there was some concerted effort by the refs to protect Penguins players and overlook what happened to the Flyers.

Anyway, was just having a laugh at your expense. You have every right to be angry at the refs. I just thought it came across a bit funny.

O ok, so like a small percentage of what I said... without addressing the OBVIOUS fuckups that lead to our injuries.

Fact:

1.) They fucked up BIG TIME not blowing the Schenn play dead before Asham got there.
2.) The blown Neal call let him go after Giroux despite the fact that Couturier went down from an obvious headhunt.
3.) Every time Crosby was in a scuffle the linesman was in there in 2 seconds.
4.) You call Crosby for unsportsmanlike for hitting the glove and you spare Timmonen.

Refs, protected Crosby big time by making sure those fights got split. Then they missed MULTIPLE calls that cost the Flyers injuries. It may not be a "conspiracy" but it certainly comes off as overall incompetence with a general knowledge that they need to protect Crosby (ie break those scrums up) and it cost the Flyers, but not the Pens, in terms of injuries. If I'm the Flyers and that's the type of refereeing I'm seeing why am I not just going after Crosby? I know my players safety is at risk out there so may as well level the playing field.

YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Socreges

Banned
Holy crap Fleischmann really wanted that worthless goal.

[edit] ...looks like they're not even going to give it to him, despite it going in with enough time left.

[edit2] nm, counted... although without a face off afterwards. makes sense, but weird

Kifimbo

nhl_g_panthers_rat_b1_576.jpg

Socreges

Banned
O ok, so like a small percentage of what I said... without addressing the OBVIOUS fuckups that lead to our injuries.

Fact:

1.) They fucked up BIG TIME not blowing the Schenn play dead before Asham got there.
2.) The blown Neal call let him go after Giroux despite the fact that Couturier went down from an obvious headhunt.
3.) Every time Crosby was in a scuffle the linesman was in there in 2 seconds.
4.) You call Crosby for unsportsmanlike for hitting the glove and you spare Timmonen.

Refs, protected Crosby big time by making sure those fights got split. Then they missed MULTIPLE calls that cost the Flyers injuries. It may not be a "conspiracy" but it certainly comes off as overall incompetence with a general knowledge that they need to protect Crosby (ie break those scrums up) and it cost the Flyers, but not the Pens, in terms of injuries. If I'm the Flyers and that's the type of refereeing I'm seeing why am I not just going after Crosby? I know my players safety is at risk out there so may as well level the playing field.
100% agreed. The Neal stuff was especially infuriating.

God damn that was a great win. To bad the fucking loser Devils even scored. It will be so great once the Panthers win the next 3 games and send the Devils back to irrelevance.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Yep go Kings!

But only until you defeat Vancouver.

edit: RDS are so soldout to Pittsburgh

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
I wish I would have been there with you all, but I was at my job. Of course, I was keeping up to date on the last ten minutes. ESPN Scorecenter is getting more play time on my phone than Angry Birds, lol.

Drinks at my house!

Top Bottom